Am I alone in East Anglia?

Steve W

Hi folks. New boy here in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. I am a 46 year old kayaker and all-round outdoor type who was thinking about trying sea angling again after a 30 year lay-off when I stumbled upon your sport. What a well-organised crowd you are, I've already learned a ton of info in one day's surfing. Are any of you located in East Anglia? I would love to see a rigged-out boat and discuss the potential of the Suffolk coast. I also get the impression that the sellers of Ocean Kayaks are some distance away and I would want to try some demo boats before buying. Thanks for listening and looking forward to a fruitful relationship. Steve W.

I'm in Suffolk, but there's no chance of me getting in a kayak just yet

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Welcome on board Steve,

I'm based in Hampshire, if your ever down this way then your more than welcome to try out my Caper or Prowler 13.

Ocean Kayak are based in:

Johnson Outdoors Watercraft UK Ltd

Johnson House, Main Cross Rd, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk NR30 3NZ

Tel: 01493 745192

They should be able to point you in the right direction for a dealer near you.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Thanks for the feedback chaps, I think there will be many questions to come. It seems that there are dealers locally who can help me but they are not keen on demo boats so I may have to take you up on your offer Starvin.

How about I contact you off-forum and build a trip south into one of my 'adventures of the month?'

Thanks again, Steve W.

Hi Steve W. The Suffolk/Norfolk coast has some good kayak opportunities along it apparently - I don't know from personal experience, but later on I hope to. I have a friend who fishes for bass out of Wells and he reckons that there and Blakeny are good spots - look good kayak spots too. You can paddle against a surprisingly strong current.

If you have experience of kayaking you will already know the value of a good paddle - it makes a world of difference. It is no good trying to paddle a good kayak with a crap paddle. The paddle is actually equally as important as the kayak, so budget for a decent paddle when you go shopping for an outfit.

I hope to have a trip with my friend from Wells - so will let you know later on what I find - unless, of course you get there before me in which case we will all expect you to feed us the gen :D:D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo