Inflatable Yak

Grant

Well I finally bought a Kayak, but ended up getting an inflatable one, as could put it in my boot! Cant remember the name (bought it in Jersey), but its bright orange, and has three air baldders, as well as a very thick outer skin to protect it from hooks, rocks etc.

Been out quite a few times in it, with my mate in a Caper. Yes its slower, but I can take it nearly anywhere on my back, and less grief at home!

Fish so far have been a couple of bass, and a couple of pollack!

B.A.S.S. member

There are a few people who now prefer to ride inflatables. :rolleyes:

How does she fair if the wind gets up, it would be useful to know for reference.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Seemed to do alright in the chop, and is proving more stable than my mate's Frenzy (I know I said Caper, but got it wrong!).

Does drift faster in the wind though, but we have taken to landing on rocks when we are drifting too fast.

Is a lot easier to get back into due to the extra stability then!

B.A.S.S. member

I know Stearns do a range of inflatables, be interesting to see how well it lasts. For close inshore fishing I can see it would great fun to fish from - cheap, easy etc - but you will have to watch that you don't get into a situation where you can't paddle it against the wind/tide - first man across the Atlantic in an inflatable kayak?

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Checked and its called an Airhead, but dont know about them being cheap- was still around £200, but I think worthwhile given the build quality.

Obviously not as robust as a plastic one, but you have to remember that.

It does have fins underneath, and sits deeper in the water than a normal yak, so the difference in drift speed isnt that massive, but there is a difference.

B.A.S.S. member

That's interesting, I thought they were flat bottomed - you would have to be an airhead to buy one of those :D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo