TOPE !

Simon Everett

Well folks the W. Wales tope have moved too far out to make it a comfortable paddle, BUT there is another tope meeting begining to be organised for anyone wanting to come.

This mark is in a sheltered bay - sheltered from anything south of East or West. The tide is a comfortable to deal with 1.5 - 2.5 knots and the best of the fishing is the last 2 hours of the ebb and the first 2 hours of the flood. After that, go and find something else to catch.

Launching is within 50 yards of the car park.

The paddle is about 800 yards on a bad day, 250 yards on a good one.

Bait, mackerel on an 8/0 - to 50lb wire and then 100lb mono. This is a step up from what we have been using for one very good reason, the first tope of the season has just come out - 37lbs!

Last season the best fish was over 80lbs -rivalling the dark and murky depths of the SE tope.

They are in from now until the end of October at least - but I am not going to give any information as to location because of the threat of the new tope commercial fishery that Lowestoft is trying ot get going.

If anyone asks for a hint - they won't get it over the air, they will have to contact me direct.

Suffice it to say it is an easy drive up the M6 for all you southerners and is probably further, but easier and quicker to get to than the last place. Anyone coming on the tope outing will, of course, get directions then. Good camping right there too - beach for kiddies and taggers on....what more could we ask.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Great stuff Simon -- sounds like the yak Tope season has now been extended - yippee. Once finished, the codling season will have just started down here - bonza.

I've still got my 75lb wire and 100lb mono traces so should be ok. Hopefully Zzippy will be able to make it this time. When were you thinking about heading up there?

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Sounds good Simon, closer to home is always welcome, will start doing some decorating to earn enough brownie points :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Mid August OK for you chaps?

Spanner - it is not much further than going all out to the end of the Solway!

Come along - I think we can put a bend your rod.....

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

I'll be there if I can Simon...I'll start saving the brownie points now...although I think I might be spending a few over the next week...exploring local waters with SM :D

I'll be in touch, Tightlines All, Art :)

Bottles of chilled Chablis make a good substitute for brownie points I find :D You had better go and find a good case!

I shall try and have a recce trip with Nifty before getting you all up on the wrong tides! Keep your eyes peeled for a green kayak being towed to sea.....

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo