Going out tomorrow and would like help

kelvindavies11

Im off out on the kayak tomorrow with my bro, after some macky. I was woundering while hes catching macky will there be bass about for me to fish for.

Ill be fishing a shallow beach in about 25-30 feet of water, with a clear bottom. Will the bass be on the bottom or surface???

Is it worth live baiting a joey macky for a bass, or will the jopey just swimm into the macky shoal. if this is the case then surelyill keep getting tangled with my bro???

please help me lol.

kelvin

Hi Kelvin

Without knowing the area I guess the bass will be where the bait fish or mackeral are. If you catch some joeys I'd certainly put one on for them. I may be using similar tactics on Wednesday when I hope to fish Poole Bay.

If the joey swims into the mackeral shoal I guess it will be sending out distress signals and will be seen as an easier prey for the bass. You could well end up getting tangled if you fish too close - don't let out too much line. This is a new game for me too - I guess a bit of experimenting is in order. I look forward to hearing how you get on. Good luck!

[ 08. August 2005, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Speciman ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

didnt go out on kayak afetr but did do some fishing and managed to catch and float fish live makcy.

The best method for liove baiting seemed to hook the macky throught both lips. this seemed to keep them alive allot longer than just hooking them behind the head.

hope this helps.

kelvin