Starvin takes my Yaking Cherry

darnsarf

Big thanks to SM today who let me loose on his Caper and Prowler. Had a great time, caught no fish but who cares.

Real reason to go was to meet some of you nutters and test the gear. Enjoyed every minute. Special thanks to SM who is a great ambasedor for the sport. He even caught.

Scores: Caper 8 Prowler 9 (out of 10)

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

With a title like that this thread will get a lot of pages views LOL

Good to hear you were able to get out on the water and test some gear before buying.

When will you be placing the order? - hope it arrives in time for the tourney :)

[ 14. August 2005, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: SpeciMan ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hang on a minute...you had a go on Starvins yaks!!! (something I've been trying to do for years!!! :D )...and Starvin 'caught'....what you mean a fish???....blimey I need a lie down, too much shock at my age could be fatal!!! :D

Glad you got out with him though and had a good time to boot...but like Hungry Fisherman says...'what did he catch?'...bet it was a doggie!

All the Best, Art :)

Darnsarf, it was a pleasure, wish the weather had been a little kinder to us, at least it didn't rain, at least we faired better than the windsurfer with the sliced armpit!

Made Darnsarf, paddle and fish the Caper first, the just let him paddle the Prowler back to the van...didn't want to spoil him right away :D

Yes chaps I managed a few... actually they were two of the smallest bass that I have ever had the pleasure and the tiniest of bream, was getting nibbles and the bait robbed on every drop, we were fishing in 10', well didn't want Darnsarf getting to far out of his depth, mind you we'd have to paddle a long way out to reach 20'.

Art, what are we like, thought on the way home, bugger me Richy and Karen still didn't get to have a go, plus I never showed you that fantastic fly that Gogga gave me, now I'm going to have to come back again :)

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

No it wasnt a doggie. Let him give the break down but he had 3.

As for getting a Yak, Need to woo the purse string holder first :rolleyes:

I can but dream for now. Although, would love the chance to take part in comp may have to sit on the sidelines this year ...........but beware next year :D ....it is the least number of fish caught isnt it? :D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Darnsarf, if you are still Yakless in early September head up to Towyn and borrow one of mine. You might have to call in home to collect it - depending on whether son no 1 wants to take part. If he does I can't carry 3!

It would be worth you looking at the prototype if you haven't bought one yet - I'll post a new thread comparing it to the South African Dorado. We collected her this weekend and had time to get used to her - the prototype is very revealing.... :D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Glad you had some fishy fun there SM...small is beautiful as I believe I read elsewhere! :)

Nice offer from Simon there Darnsarf...and if you can't get together with him and his yaks, you could always hire one for the day (about 30 quid around here)...don't forget to wash off all that fish slime before you take it back though!!!

Good luck with your wooooooing! Art :)

Well here he is:

DarnsarfCaperTest.jpg

Darnsarf2.jpg

Testing the Caper

Decisions.jpg

Decision time :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com