Scupper Pro TW

darnsarf

IN this apparent never ending quest to find a plastic tub with pointy bits at each end. My attention has been drawn to the Scupper Pro TW.

It would appear to be the basis for the OK newbie tested by Simon. If the hull is that good how come I dont see to many being mentioned here. Does anybody use them for fishing. Is the Prowler worth the extra £75 squid.

Will the newbie be that much better?

So many Questions and so few tides :)

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Darnsarf,

The Scupper Pro TW does look very similar to the Prototype, not sure how different it is to Simon's, will try and get the low down at the Southampton Boat Show and see what else is in store, I know that they have now produced a Scrambler XL Angler Edition as well.

Best to hold fire for a bit if you can.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Cheers SM. Consider fire held. Lived in the area 11 years might go myself this year for the first time.

Tight lines for tommorrow.

The Scupper has been remoulded for an angler edition - the hull is the same but the prototype has a long, flat central "spine" instead of the one like the P13s with loads of "things" moulded into it. This one is just plain flat - with a bit of curvature upwards towards the bow. Perfect for fitting out. There is a round, flat moulded pad right under the forward bulkhead which fits the Scotty round, flush mount base perfectly (it was meant to). I have actually fitted the flush mount to mine - a fish finder will either mount easily onto the central comnsole or use a triple mounting bar for a detachable one.

The low seat height gives it the extra stability, but sitting slightly forward with legs overside is just as stable as the others. I find it very comfortable for long periods even without the armchair seat. The seat is moulded to a backside - so long as you are not too "broad in the beam". Nifty tried it with his wetsuit on and felt it was too tight for his liking - I like that because it gives you more lean steerage when paddling. Nifty wasn't sure about the foot boards either, he felt cramped in it. The legroom is the same as the P13 when you actually measure it, so it is just the "snugger fit" from the seat.

On the water it is excellent. Drier than anything else - from a water over the top point of view - but the seat is below the waterline, or just on it - so you are always in water even with bungs in place. With a wetsuit or dry pants you wouldn't notice this. i take no notice (much) in my nylon shorts! I just get wet and think nothing of it. They will be on view at Southampton and priced about the same or a little cheaper than the P13.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Simon definately going to the show now. Thanks.

Im not a big guy and like to fish light. Used to be pretty competent paddler just need a bit of practice. Really like the sound of the old Scupper Pro TW. Sounds that, on paper atleast, that it really could suit my needs. So I am really interested in the new one.

Difficult to tell from your excellent write up on the other thread but is there much in the length between the Scupper and P13. I know the old Scupper Pro was quoted as being 14'9". Have they shortened it?

Darn Scarf, no it is the same length - but on the car there is overhang with the P13 anyway, and the bit that is longer is so fine that it makes no difference when handling it on land - unless you have to poke round the corner of two flights of stairs!

It really is very similar to carry and put on the roof rack - but I wouldn't like to have to put ANY of them on the roof of a Landy - like Yaskalos and Musket do - they must be like Orang Utangs or something with equally long arms :D

To put them on my roof rack I just lift them straight up, broadside on, and put them on from the side. The Scupper is well balanced in that respect (yes SM, unlike me!) Left myself wide open for that one didn't I!!

Paddling, the P13 is easier to turn, but marginally and going out and coming back in the Scupper has the edge on the Prowler. Sitting at anchor the Scupper is lower in the water, but rides the swells just the same and is just as easy to sit with your legs over.

If you want to play I hope to come south either end of this week or middle - end of next. Chichester one day and Plymouth, so in between should be possible at some stage. I could bring both, so you could pitch them against each other.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Thanks for that Simon. I have a jeep am looking to slide it up from the rear, so to speak.

You keep dangling these carrots in front of me and each time I'm to busy work wise to take you up on them. You can see now why I need to get a yak. Its a new job and Im loving it but like all these kinds of jobs these corporate types dont half want their pound of flesh.

Dont want someone to carry your camera do you? :)

As it happens......South Africa in January for about a week. Touring in a kayak and fishing for something toothy and large - but a good way out, we have to paddle out to the drop off, several miles.

I heard from a mate out there the other week who had just shot (spearfishing) a 400kgs marlin - and managed to get it aboard a big boat before the sharks tore it to shreds. It took every yard of line off his seargun reel and towed him and his yak about 2kms before it expired - mad they are.

How about closer to home? In the next couple of weeks. Anyone else?

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Now I could carry a camera in SA and I do have the time due. Only problem with this is the real boss mmmmm possibly a Bushmills inspired plot required

Seen the size of some their tiddlers hope you have a wide angle lens and brown underwear :D

Simon where are you thinking of going to play, I quite fancy a meet up with Simon down in Pool Harbour, or maybe fly fishing in Dorset off the kayak, Warbarrow or Kimmeridge perhaps.

Got a blue and white deceiver to try out you see. :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com