winter sales

moog

Hi Moog. Welcome to the forum.

I bought my kayak in Feb and feel I got a better price because of this. But, for the few quid you may save why not buy now if you are in a position to? You'd have to wait a while for the weather to really change before you can play the 'winter card' plus you have the extra expense of clothing suited for cold water temps.

September is a time when there can be many different species inshore. I'm based on the Dorset coast: with summer species leaving & winter species moving in I want to be out there now.

If you're interested buying a Prowler 13 perhaps there are some members who know where you can get a good price on one. Would OK kayaks be demo'd/sold at the Southampton Boat Show - are prices a bit cheaper there - I don't know. I'd be interested to find out though.

[ 08. September 2005, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: SpeciMan ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

OK always have a good stand at the boat show, I'll give my man a ring tomorrow and see what he says.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Moog,

I have a P13 and love it.I work around Torbay and live quite close(Nr Ivybridge)You're welcome to pop over and have a look if you'd like,

Jon

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Congrats on your purchase.For what it's worth my advice would be don't rush out just yet(especially now you're overdrawn) and buy all the goodies people discuss here.Get the obvious safety equipment and then get used to your kayak.

When you're ready I'd be up for a trip off Berry head,

Jon

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Jon, what's off Berry Head at this time of year?

The Orestone used to be a favourite mark for wrasse - and dabs on the clean ground. I haven't fished that area for over 25 years!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Simon,

To be honest I don't know as I've never fished it.I do know that shore anglers rate the area and do well off the quarry,It just looks like a pollack mark(and I love catching pollack)due to the deep water so close in.Only problem may be it's overfished being so close to Torbay?

KIF_1333.JPG

Fishing the mouth of the yealm tomorrow a.m

Have you ever fished Bolt tail out of Hope cove?

Cheers Jon.

[ 09. September 2005, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: musket ]

No, I haven't fished Bolt tail other than out in the big boat. I have never seen the point!

Berry Head has always been a good spot - I had forgotten all about the Cod Rock!!

The Mewstone still has everything and you don't have to go miles. The gullies about 400 yards off the Warren are also worth exploring - Tom Boyer used to troll gills behind a trolling board for pollack there - the board floats when you turn andcomes up to the surface if a fish hits. It dives very deep too - but you need to be able to dive it, so an engine is better! The thing is, that rocky coastline has a wealth of fish because it cannot be netted with out losing the gear. You know where I mean, between Gara and Stoke.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo