Tandem Advice

Goose

Goose,

Thats exactly the same conclusion I came to. I started out thinking about a tandem for family use as well as solo fishing, and my wife was all for it. But the more I thought about it the more I reckoned that I didn't really want the compromise in my fishing, and went for a Prowler13 instead. The intention is to get another yak for the family at a later date......it just hasn't happened yet :)

Goose, take a look at the new Scupper Pro as well, you won't have the same problems as the Captain's Organ, being slighter of build... glad he's in Canada. :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Goose,

We have a Malibu II XL and we regularly go out with two of us fishing. I have paddled the Malibu II XL solo but not fished from her solo. She paddles easier with one on than 2 or 3. The only disadvantage we have is the lack of a decent tank well. Home made modifications allow the addition of rod rests etc, but I do not take this game as seriously as others and have not fitted much else. All my mods come off to allow the canoe to return to as sold condition when not in use with the exception of hatches. Al round good canoe but I suspect others will be better for fishing. I copnsidered the Zest but when I took a look at it it was huge.

www.aberporthholidays.co.uk

Regular launch: Aberporth West Wales.

Yak: Malibu II XL