Malibu heads for UK

south african

Anyone who wants to get involved and serious about Kayak Fishing, needs to go and see what the Malibus are all about, they are awesome.

I Fish and and scuba dive from and X-Factor, the stability is unpresedented, and its great to have a dry backside after 3-4 hours of fishing, check their seat out for comfort.

I got rid of my Ocean Kayak for one of these.

Some of the reviews are quite mixed and varied.

On a personal note,I reckon the X factor would be nice to fish from, as long as your not planning on paddling too far.

The other thing I dislike is the high seated position,and high freeboard(rails).

The combination of the two in the wind, would be a neusance.

No foot wells either, I would miss them in a

kayak, they offer good purchase for the heel of the foot when digging in with the paddle.

Think Ill stick with my Prowler 15.

YY :)

Wet arse, not something I suffer with but then again I've been out of nappies for some time, probably be back in them before my time is up though.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

:D

Excuse me if this is too long in the tooth for some members. :P

I have been fishing from the X-Factor now for well over 7 Months and the more I paddle it the more I love it.

I bought this as semi-novice kayak fisherman, not a novice paddler, so it was important to me that when I was out on the water in the Kayak that I chose, I had to become one with it, it had to become part of me.

I needed to know that when I was out there that close to nature I had a Kayak the could offer me the lot.

I wasen't intrested in speed, I wanted to go fishing not for a race up the Thames. I tried all the obvious big names, the Prowler, Tarpon, Cobra, my wife thought I was mad,its just a kayak she said :confused: :confused: but to me it was like buying a car, so I tried the lot.

But, somehow they all fell a little short, the Prowler was the closest, but I still felt that it lacked a little room and the storage space is nowhere near as good, the Cobra range just could not in my opinion cut it, the fish N dive looked awesome, but proved to be really slow and sluggish, if you were a big chap then this was the boat for you, storage space again was not good.

Trial day....

The X-Factor paddled really well and at the start the paddle I was given was to short, I ended up with a 2.30m and this stopped me hitting the side. I noticed straight away how quiet it paddled, and there was hardley any glub or hull slap.

At times she felt a little sluggish, but for me the sability factor was more important,than anything else, and when the salesman, (who I might add is 6"4 and well over 120Kg) stood up with a fishing rod in his hand and stood there for for ages demonstrating how stable they were, well it blew my mind away :P

So I bought it :D She, (there all she's)tracks great and as straight as a dye, I have no problems in the wind, and she eats 2.5 m swells for breakfast. We all talk about how dry we stay in our yaks, well the only water you get in the cockpit of this baby is from the paddle.

The high back seat that Malibu have is the best on the market, I researched everything, the support is unbelievable, most of the seats I had tried were only upto my waist (Sevelor mainly) this supports me all the way upto my shoulder blades and so when I do need to push back I have the support and being foam molded the comfort is fab.

If your looking to upgrade your boat and you have the chance to see this Yak, then do so you will not be dissopointed :cool: