Anyone fish with a Yak around Sussex?

Pugs

I've read his site yes. Interesting articles on the super yaks. The Dorado comes out well. Simon was ahead of the game on that one me thinks.

[ 09. October 2005, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: SpeciMan ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

I used to be with 16/5th QRL, divisional medium recce reg in CVRT's.

darnsarf: Also before moving down here (Sussex) was the Northants conservation officer for the BOCN (Barn Owwl Conservation Network). Was and still am interested in Birds of Prey but don't get involved down here because I find the local people involved far to political and up their own a**e, especially when I volunteer to share my knoweledge on Barn Owls and all I get is 'You can work for me or be my helper!'. Pity really but I cant stand people like that.

Yakity:

I'm 38, 5'8" tall and weigh around 70 kg, 30" leg. I own an Audi A3 and that hopefully would be the mode of transport.

Launch sites would be within one hundred yards of the car (likely to be in surf but not storm beach types) and it would be fishing the likes of a couple hundred metres from shore under chalk cliffs i.e. Seaford, Seven Sisters, Beachy Head type places or even esturies or Pagham etc.

Types of fishing would be varied: bottom, trolling, spinning, fly etc. I think in these ares there can be a fairly heavy tide running as well. Would keep to force 4 or below and most done in spring, summer and autumn.

Gear would be light as possible, only a couple of rods and gear to see me through a 6 hr session. Plus also safety gear. Funds permitting i would later plan to upgrade to fishfinders/battery/electric motor.

Hope that helps

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image

Pugs,

If you want to meet up and have a paddle off Bracklesham at some time give me a shout, got a spare yak (Caper) if you are still without, if you've bought and still want to come out then I will drag darnsarf along... he's a great swimmer you know :D Always enjoy a little company.

I might be able to stretch myself to Pagham on a clear day the launch looks like it could be a pain though unless you use the dingy clubs slip, can you park next to the beach?

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

MUsket, hawking is a great day out. Sometimes go out with the hawk conservancy near Andover. Funny enough on Salibury Plain. Highly recommend it.

Bit like my yak fishing, bird is borrowed, rarely catch anything and normally come back very wet :D

Pugs. You warrior, me 32 AER, no longer in existance, the regiment proved so effective the americans copied it and we scrapped it. Ended up speaking russian and was so good at it that they gave up and beacame our mates

If you want a relaxing day out would thoroughly recommend Starvin and the Hawk Conservancy. :)

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Yakity - Yak - u.k.:

Hiya Pugs.

There is a bit to consider before making a firm choice on the kayak you end up with.

First thing to think about is you!

How tall are you.

What do you wiegh.

What is your leg length.

How strong are you.

Transporting the Kayak.

What car/van are you going to use, will it cope with the kayaks stats.

Will you be able to load/unload the kayak comfortably.

Where are you fishing.

On lakes or rivers, on the sea, or both.

Will you be launching and returning in surf.

Getting to the launch site.

Moving the Kayak to a launch site and getting back again,will your areas of fishing suit the kayaks size and wieght.

Can you drive to your launch site.

Will you need to manouver the kayak a long way on a cart.  

Type of fishing.

Will you be staying close to shore.

Paddling to marks a little further out.

Fishing tidal areas with care and thought.

How much gear, and what do you think youll need to fish efficiently, without cluttering the Kayak.

The type of fishing you want to do will play a large part in your choice.

Take your time, and read as much as you can on the different kayaks out there.

If you can, try the kayak before you buy it.

Good luck with your choice.

YY:)

I'm 38, 5'8" tall and weigh around 70 kg, 30" leg. I own an Audi A3 and that hopefully would be the mode of transport.

Launch sites would be within one hundred yards of the car (likely to be in surf but not storm beach types) and it would be fishing the likes of a couple hundred metres from shore under chalk cliffs i.e. Seaford, Seven Sisters, Beachy Head type places or even esturies or Pagham etc.

Types of fishing would be varied: bottom, trolling, spinning, fly etc. I think in these ares there can be a fairly heavy tide running as well. Would keep to force 4 or below and most done in spring, summer and autumn.

Gear would be light as possible, only a couple of rods and gear to see me through a 6 hr session. Plus also safety gear. Funds permitting i would later plan to upgrade to fishfinders/battery/electric motor.

Hope that helps

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image