Out Fished Again

tack4

after an hour 1/2 lug digging this am ( hard goin' only managed 20 or so) took littletack4 (Kyle) with me for a mark i had heard had been producing wrasse as this was a species that had eluded us so far.

weather perfect arrived at just on high water perfect.....

tackled up kyles rod and baited up some juciy lug on his two hook rig and prepared to start setting up my own kit......

"DAD i've got a fish on".........Ballan Wrasse of approx 1 l/b

rebaited the empty hook and recomenced tackling up my rod......

"DAD i've got another one but this is much bigger........"

kylewrasse.JPG

I knew by then it was going to be one of those sessions

this time i completed my rigging of my rod and cast it out before rebaiting his hooks :lol:

fishing continued........................

the familiar sound again "DAD i'm in again.....only to snag in the depths so i tried in vain to free the snag with walking side to side relaesing line etc

Kyle then notices my rod taking knocks but stayed quiet and sloped off to keep his eye on it whilst i tried for all i was worth to free the snag

"DAD i've got one on on your rod but i'm reeliling it in so its my fish.........." i had to pull for a break and guess what he caught this time....

kylepollack.JPG

a shade over two l/b

time for some tactical descisions Kyle should learn how to bait his own hooks

i quickly rebaited my rod cast and then set about a new rig and weight for kyles rod noticing how low the supply of lug was getting ( i really wanted a wrasse too so would switch tactics for next cast)

i showed kyle how to hook up his lug and left him to do the second hook as my rod was bouncing in a pleasing way and i made a lunge just in time as Kyle was again making a move for my rod result.... a smaller pollack for me and finally off the mark our rock pool was starting to look like a nice aquarium now.

kyle produced a surprise with his next fish and his second new species of the day a three bearded rockling....

rockling.JPG

my tactic change paid off :D

my first wrasse

mywrasse.JPG

kyle produced three more wrasse and another three bearded rockling whilst i had my inevetable dog fish

he was a tadd upset when the biggest wrasse of the session spat his hook on the surface i would estimate going by the sizes of fish all ready caught to be close on to 3l/b

the fish were all put into a bag and weighed prior to return total of 11 fish 4 speices (two new for kyle and my first wrasse) total weight of fish was 10l/b 4 1/2 oz

a plod back to the car was made easy by kyles banter and enthusiasm

as he kept saying final score kyle 8 dad 3

outfished again but happy

Edited by tack4

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

yep and the monster felt like a tonne :lol::D

thanks dad for that

when u beat me which'll be in 3005 :P:P:P

Nice to see , just who the anglers are in the Tack4 family ;)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

tack4 me dad Andrew age 40

littletack4 Kyle age 9

misstack4 Caitlin age 11( first to catch a bass)

sbass.JPG

all at casting event tomorrow with Scottish Surfcasting Assoc.

Andrew

SOS

SACN member

if u think u will catch lots of fish get a big rock pool .the 1 we used was approx. 6ft long 1ft deep and 2ft wide and there was room for a few more

one end was shallower than the other this enabled us to guide the fish to shallower end to release after weighing in a pre wetted bag

see ya later aligator

=@==--¬--¬---¬---¬

IPB Image

Hiya Littletack4

was that question directed at Ian or myself... or both :)

initially Ian but we'll see what his sea legs are like and maybe do something further north ie Catachalot way next year if thats ok with you Davy

Andrew

SOS

SACN member