Can't Get Rid

kendo

A file has appeared on my desktop called pedle to the metal.dmsetup no idea how it appeared but cannot get rid tried renaming trie in safemode but does not appear when in safemode :angry: tried doing a search but no results,whenever i have tried i get file in use hence trying safemode just says cannot delete file in use,tried closing most stuff down with the exception of system files but it still won't go :angry: help please.

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

Hi all

kendo post the list of running programs on here and ill see if it shows up.

i can get around 11 processes shutdown which windows doesnt need so it may be there(maybe)

xp i assume?

control alt del and in processes but you know that:)

sg

I would try deleting it using the command prompt, but unless you have experience of it (and i dunno if you do), it may be a bit difficult to describe here.

You need to go Start> Run > cmd

This will probably give you a prompt along the lines of: C:\Documents and Settings\Name> (* see below)

from where you can type:

cd Desktop

then press enter and type:

del metal.dmsetup

Then typing Yes when prompted.

* If you dont initially arrive at C:\Documents and Settings\Name> then you can use

cd foldername to change to a different folder.

cd.. to go back a folder.

All this will probably confuse you, and someone will probably post some fancy little program that will do all this for you, but i think it's useful to know.

I have yet to see a file that MoveOnBoot won't remove. It adds a new right-click menu option to delete the file at next reboot and so far, it always does.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President