A Bit Of Help

smalltincup

Hi All

I am looking for abit of advice, i am mostly a coarse fisher but my wifes dad has asked me to go on a fishing comp. with him in Minehead. He has all the gear and a like but i was wondering does anyone have any tips about where to fish and what bait and alike would work well this time of yr. From what i can find out its mainly Dogfish and conger with a splattering of cod and the occasional pollack. Any help would be very useful.

Thanks Guys :D

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

I dont know the area at all but since no one else is helping all i could say is to have a large selection of baits, mackeral, sand eel, mussel, peeler crab etc, and if you father in law is providing the rest of the gear you should be sorted, just suck it and see!!

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

hi there

dont know the area at all , but with most competitions with doggies when we fish for them up here , its usually any bait, any method, any rig, at any distance that usually works up here as for cod in a competition well thats a diferent story that i know hee-haw about :D

MINEHEAD

DIRECTIONS

This popular sea side resort is on the A39 and well signed from junctions 23 or 24 on the M5. To reach the sea when you get to the roundabout on the outskirts of the town go to the right and this will take you on to the sea front near Butlins. There is roadside parking along most of the sea front and since the work finished on the sea defences the area from Butlins to the Carousel now offers good easy fishing during the autumn and winter for 2 ½ hours either side of high tide. If you park at the Butlins end of the front and walk eastwards along the path in front of the golf coarse there is good fishing over high tide between the club house and the chalets at Dunster. The harbour wall can be fished for about 3 ½ hours either side of high tide and is reached by turning left at the Butlins roundabout and then turning right by the railway station. If you carry along this road to the end and park the beach in front of you is Gasworks beach which can fish very well over low tide and for about 4 hours in. The area between the shelters and the lifeboat station can also be fished over high tide as the sand is much closer here. White mark is another popular low water mark and is reached by walking westwards from gasworks and taking the last path onto the beach before the footpath goes into the woods.

TIDES

Spring tides are best for the high tide marks whilst the low water marks tend to fish best on neaps.

SPECIES

Cod, codling, dogfish, pouting, whiting, rays, bass, flatfish and mullet in the harbour.

X1190Y590S50W700H400.gif

SEA FISHING THE SOUTH WEST

www.seaswest.org.uk

Hi All

I am looking for abit of advice, i am mostly a coarse fisher but my wifes dad has asked me to go on a fishing comp. with him in Minehead. He has all the gear and a like but i was wondering does anyone have any tips about where to fish and what bait and alike would work well this time of yr. From what i can find out its mainly Dogfish and conger with a splattering of cod and the occasional pollack. Any help would be very useful.

hi mate!

all i can advise is fish baits for conger n dogs if your going to target the cod use lug n squid or crab

as a cocktail bait, 4/0 hooks and big baits should put of the small nusance fish! have a good un!!

Hi All

hi mate!

all i can advise is fish baits for conger n dogs if your going to target the cod use lug n squid or crab

as a cocktail bait, 4/0 hooks and big baits should put of the small nusance fish! have a good un!!

hello mate cought anything yet? grrrrrrrr!