Titan Or Anyfish Anywhere

arthurcodsbody

Guest @AUTUMN@

Maybe best not to get a reply. They swore at me down the phone and I was on my best behaviour, Had to set trading standards on them in the end .

I often wonder if a decent walkers/hiking jacket would be just as effective and probably cheaper.

Edited by @AUTUMN@

I often wonder if a decent walkers/hiking jacket would be just as effective and probably cheaper.

I my experience (my other hobbys are climbing and mountaineering) anything 'breathable' should also be labelled 'not waterproof' :rolleyes: OK, so they're lighter, and will breathe a bit, but trudging along with a rucsac on and humping loads of tackle will make you sweat in anything. As I said before, use what the commercial boys do unless you want warmth, in which case get a floaty suit or wear more clothes under your waterproofs.

As an aside, the best item of outdoor clothing I own is a Buffalo pertex/pile smock - not waterproof, but you will stay warm even if you do get wet. Big chest pocket, double handwarmer pocket, windproof & tough. Awesome gear.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Guest binatone

I have had a titan smock now for three years, worn it at sea every working day. Think that they are A1 warm, strong, and easy to wash. Knot that I wash it much, still worth the money. Never get anything with a zip. Zips and sea water don’t get on at all.

Matt, I've got the AFAW smock - but evertime I've had it with me it's never needed to go on. :D

It's not padded like the Titan and packs into the rucksack easily - it really needs a good drenching before I can comment ;)

There is a 'kangaroo' pocket at the back as well as the front - but you need to be double jointed to use it !! :rolleyes:

:)

I have had a titan smock now for three years, worn it at sea every working day. Think that they are A1 warm, strong, and easy to wash. Knot that I wash it much, still worth the money. Never get anything with a zip. Zips and sea water don’t get on at all.

i used a titan smock for years mate also every day! never even got damp. but the jacket i bought last year is not a patch on the smock in fact if im not mistaken its screwed up in a ball in the back of my garage even after a soak in fabsil it still let water in.

hello mate cought anything yet? grrrrrrrr!