Wahoo Vs King Fish

Indian Angler

Hi,

I posted a couple of pics of my last trip to the Andamans under the title (Andamans Fishing Trip). One was of a grouper and the other was of a wahoo.

Is that a wahoo? or is it a King fish?

Could someone help identify the fish?

What are the differences?

Thanks. :unsure:

Hi,

I posted a couple of pics of my last trip to the Andamans under the title (Andamans Fishing Trip). One was of a grouper and the other was of a wahoo.

Is that a wahoo? or is it a King fish?

Could someone help identify the fish?

What are the differences?

Thanks. :unsure:

i have caught a few of both species, the kingfish is really a spanish mackerel, the main differences between them and wahoo is the head and the colour, a wahoo is blue on the back with white stripes and a kingfish is predomanantly silver with dark angled markings and the head is different too

heres a couple of pics, not mine, just random pics from google i lost the pics from my last trip to kenya when my old computer caved in :angry:

wahoo

wahoo.jpg

kingfish

kingfish.jpg

hope this helps

les

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Happy Dude fantastic fish :)

One day!!! Just need my REDUNDANCY and I will be amongst them :D:D

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Hi,

Thanks Happy Dude. So what we caught on our last trip was a king fish, which is also called the seer. That pic you posted was one hell of a king fish. Made the one we caught look like a little minnow. Well I hope its not too long before we hook into a couple of REAL king fish :P

Hi,

Thanks Happy Dude. So what we caught on our last trip was a king fish, which is also called the seer. That pic you posted was one hell of a king fish. Made the one we caught look like a little minnow. Well I hope its not too long before we hook into a couple of REAL king fish :P

nothing wrong with the one you caught m8, 27lb is a nice fish, i had a 40lber on my last trip and it was some fight on 30lb gear, very fast fish.

to confuse thing a bit more, in mozambique they call giant trevally kingfish, my mate went there last year to fish for them off the shore and when i mention "kingfish" he thinks of GT's and vice versa

:blink:

very nice eating fish as well, as is wahoo

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

hi greg,

i don't know anything about it mate, i was just wanting a decent pic of a kingfish for the thread and got that one from google images, it is a big chap though.

i had a 40lb fish last year in kenya, that was a nice one, i had some florida kingfish this year and they look like a different species to me.

fight just as hard though :lol:

WalkingPinhead.gif