Dean Macey New Series

Guest rabbit

On coarse with Dean Macey!! I reckon this series is proving to be quite a success, the last programme on Royalty barbel was very good. I was fascinated by the technique of the weighted hook. that was buried into the meat, and the 'rolled' through the swim. The only other weight used was a peice of plasticine a foot or so up the line, this method is virtualy snag free, and has accounted for hundreds of barbel for Dean Macey's expert guest.

I wonder, has anyone here used this method.

"On coarse" does seem to be turning out to be a good series. As someone who has not done much Barbel fishing, I learnt a lot. Having a guest expert (Ray Walker?) gives it more cred. I like Dean's presentation. He's obviously passionate about his fishing, and has what appears to be a genuine background.

Long may it continue :):):):):)

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

this week its phil smith with dean fishing for bream at Papercourt in Surrey.i do think this is shaping up as a great series and its nice to see people like ray walton,stef horak ect instead of the usual faces but poor old dean macey does get a bit excitable (who can blame him) like that jar jar binks (starwars) on a suger rush,he's a tall bugger that dean macey he didn't half make poor ray look like an anaemic smerf.

i don't suppose anyone taped the first episode as i misssed it,i have the others but would like to add the first one which had bob church and dean macey fishing for tench at sywell as i would be most greatfull if anyone could lend me a copy of the first episode.

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

The only other weight used was a peice of plasticine a foot or so up the line, this method is virtualy snag free, and has accounted for hundreds of barbel for Dean Macey's expert guest.

I wonder, has anyone here used this method.

I used to use Plasticine as a link leger weight on a particularly snaggy stretch on the Dane. It seemed to work well, and the best bit was that you could squish it into different shapes depending on whether you wanted it to roll or not.

I think Peter Stone in his book on legering said that the weight rather than the hook was the most likely piece of end tackle to get snagged.