Love Affair Finished For This Year !

Snatcher

Just got back home after closing down my caravan for the winter. Have been having this "love affair" with the Mull of Galloway for about 10 years now. It truly is Gods country!

Did not get any fishing in this weekend but had a great time. Tack4 Caitlin and Kyle arrived for an advanced lure tying session on Saturday morning. Andrew has invested in a vice so we had two set up. Had them tying up a mixture of lures and brooches. They all done exceedingly well. The basic techniques are there now so its simply a matter of practice. I can just imagine the look of glee that will be on the kids faces when they catch that first fish on a lure they have made themselves :D

Cailin then showed off her culinary skills by making us a pasta sauce dish for dinner. Delicious,thank you Caitlin.They had to leave about 2pm as they were off to watch the blues (Stranraer FC) playing footie. It was a case of hugs and kisses all round. Tell you what there was a lump in my throat as they drove away. To be honest the kids are more like surrogate grandbairns to me now :)

Andrew was just leaving as Ian Burrett pulled up at my caravan. He had a coffee and we put the world to rights for about an hour. The crack was good.

Last night had a walk down to the Ship to say bye to Brian and Susan,squeezed in a few beers while I was there. Next it was back up the Clash (the bar on the caravan park) Freddie the bass was already in,he had come to say his farewells on my last night.We had a great laugh and one or ten :o drinks! Also threw a few arrus and Freddie won every game :( Gannet also phoned me so it was nice to have a bit crack with him as well.

Yes I will miss the place and the people big style. Cannot wait for March next year to reopen the van again.Well all of my fishing gear is now back here in Whitley Bay so intend to have a go at cod bashing this winter. Hopefully may even post up a report

:D

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Looking forward to it Tom. Hope to actually land that big bass next time :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

ONLY 97 DAYS TILL MARCH MATE :D

great session at weekend

that crane fly kyle and i did was wild, sure it will land a nice game fish

cranefly.jpg

next year will be even better mate

ps lets not get outfished as often eh?

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

See you lot in March unless you can wangle a weekend over here in Whitley Bay :D

Take care of "Gods Country " in my absence please :D

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Yes Norrie looking forward to a trip out in your trusty "steed" :) Bring it on :D

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

makes you wonder doesnt it i would love to have a caravan somewhere to use for weekends and stuff it doesnt have to be far away ,but the wifes idea of a holiday is scorching herself for a fortnight somewhere hot,me i get bored after a week.nice to see you enjoy it so much snatcher and good luck for next year.

Cheers Maximo :) If I never went abroard again it would not bother me. Not a beach person - unless I am fishing of course :D

Just love the Mull of Galloway area,the fishing and the folk. Cannot wait to get back.

You do have not got to go abroard for palm trees. Check out Port Logan Botanical Gardens :o The palms are massive.

Check out the view from the the end of the Mull - Scotlands most southerly point. On a clear day you can see -

Isle of Man about 25 miles away.

Ireland about the same distance

On a really clear day you can pick out peaks in the English Lake District about 75 miles away!!!

No sorry keep your package holiday and roll on March 2006 :D

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair