Teflon Coated Hooks?

Guest Josh Iddon

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cos this is a forum! A meeting place for open discussion!

At it on here aswell margins, i can see why a lot of carp anglers are turning to barbel they have probably been bivvied up next to you for a weekend. :huh:

atb

malc

atb

malc

Cos this is a forum! A meeting place for open discussion!

And by the same token, it’s worth mentioning that a friend of mine has just taken an upper double barbel (record for the stretch) using Teflon hooks. And a group of them have had several fish over 15lb recently on Teflon hooks which I have supplied them, so maybe he’s not too far wide of the mark, eh?

Most of my fishing is done on a gin-clear water where I’m usually fishing in one or two feet of water, so I always use them based on colour alone – I also use black hooks from time to time. In the past I’ve also used marker pens to turn steel hooks black with good results.

Food for thought.

Tight Lines…

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

MALC2

(|) <---------- kiss it!

Your right Julian, he's probably not too wide of the mark - still a ruddy sweeping statement though!

;)

I knew that would get a bite. B)

atb

malc

Edited by MALC2

atb

malc

Ya can have a few barbel in TheMargins you know! :D

Been fishing for Barbel long? Or are you the equivalent of the instant carper? :blink:

Yes a barbel angler, i hope we can forget this childish banter and share info and experiences freely

hope you are having a few. :D

atb

malc

atb

malc

What stella's? At the moment mate, yup!

Why MALC2? Somebody else got MALC1? Or do you always accept that you are second best? :P

Stella's for me too at the moment.

Someone else had the MALC 1 so i am second best,but it depends who you are second best to.

atb

malc

atb

malc

Stella's for me too at the moment.

Someone else had the MALC 1 so i am second best,but it depends who you are second best to.

atb

malc

Being second best to me Malc is nothing to be ashamed of mate :lol:<_<

Paul