ABU 7500 C3

BUMPER

Ive owned one of these reels for a few years now

and have been very pleased with it. Mine has been

used for boat fishing and as a heavy shore reel.

the gearing could be a bit lower for boat use but is ideal for shore use as it gets the end tackle out of harms way quicker on the retrieve.

It casts reasonably well but would probably be better if the spool were not completely filled.

i would certainly choose the reel over the standard 7000/c as it has non corroding chromed brass sideplates instead of the normal ABU alloy.

If you are not bothered about the levelwind the

Penn 535gs may also be worth considering.

I've had a 7500 C3 CT since they were launched, and it is a great real. I use it alot!!! Mainly for drift fishing from the boat, and do some shore fishing with it.

For casting its a great real, especially for casting large baits out, and getting them in quickly ... which is excellent over a snaggy bottom.

I have mixed thoughts about the Penn 535, its a good real but nowhere near as tough and rugged as the 7500 in my opinion. When I first got a 535 I was amazed with it, it was a great performer ... and I was lucky enough to win another one, but at the end of a year both of them started to have problems inside ... a problem a number of people I know whom owned them had with them. I put my two breaking down, down to wear and tear and not enough care and maintenace on my part (which it needs alot off).

The 7500 is a good solid reliable reel that is a joy to use and will last you an age. I can not recommend ABU reels enough, they are pricey ... but they last. The after sales service from ABU is second to none in my opinion, if theres a problem ... you send it to the service center and its fixed quickly. Recently I sent away my 6600 away to get fixed, and had it back withiin a week. Also, I sent one of my Penn 535s away to get fixed in June ... and am STILL waiting for it, I may be wrong, but I was told there is only one guy who deals with Penn reels in the UK if they break down??? hence the wait. But if you look after a 535 I'm sure it will last ...

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Hello all, I'm a new poster here too.

I have emailed Bumper regarding the reels and reccomended the 7500 purely on the retrieve ratio basis. I use a pair 7500C3CT for most of my fishing and like the 5.3:1 ratio but don't particually like the 6.1 of the Daiwas and Penns. I have a Mag 535 and a 525 Tournamag as well as a 525GS but the 525 Tournamag had problems with a dodgy bearing noticable when casting (purely by the sound/noise produced). It has been at Penn since the start of August and for a reel costing £135 and it happening on its second outing, it's a bit poor.

My main reason for contacting Bumper though was to offer him an Abu. I can offer you all a decent price on a few of the latest Abu models.

Sorry for any inconvinence, advert now in for sale section.

Ant T:

All reels are brand new, unmarked, boxed , etc..

Your profile says that you are a jobseeking graduate, so how are you able to offer us all these great deals?

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I get them from Sweden at a non UK, non overly inflated UK price. Sorry John S, if any offence is caused by the advert. I've removed it and put it in the relevant section in these forums to have placed it within.

P.S Still job seeking (honestly!). I have a BEng Mechanical Design Technology. :rolleyes:

[ 17. October 2002, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Ant T ]