Breaking news from the government!!

bryan

Scotty T:

What I want to know is how the hell would they police it ???

That's the point!

They are going to collect £24.2M and spend £21.2M on harrassing those who it supposed to benefit!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its all crazy guys...

the scottish executive (scottish parmliment) is trying to get some form of licence brung in up here to, but they have put it our to the different governing bodies to come up with ideas for taking fishing in scotland forward. some people are banding around figures of up to £80 a year for a rod licence.its all just a big joke, how on earth are they going to enforce it..erm no chance! you all know how tight us scots are!!

Jim Roper:

Norm, get the message? People shouldn't eat Bass!

Why not? They are tasty, easy to clean and fairly plentiful. Plenty of Turkish farmed bass in the shops so the wild ones are left to the anglers. DEFRA says the stocks are sustainable so why can't I eat them? :P

Scotty T:

Another cracking suggestion from the good ideas club!!! What I want to know is how the hell would they police it ???

Already covered Scotty, see explanation in this thread posted before.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Jim Roper:

Jim Roper:

What I want to know is how the hell would they police it ???

That's the point!

They are going to collect £24.2M and spend £21.2M on harrassing those who it supposed to benefit!

Interesting figures Jim. Where do they come from?

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Jim Roper:

I spoke to a chap on the harbour wall at West Bay at the weekend. His children and grandchildren were engrossed in catching all sorts of small fish and crabs with cheapy tackle. "Would you be doing this if they had to buy a license?", I asked.

"Not likely" was the reply.

I can't think of a better way of discouraging new starters, resulting in fewer anglers. Of course, that appears to be what some posters want.

If things carry on the way they are there's unlikely to be many who want to go sea fishing in future :(

Freshwater angling, which has been licensed for many years, has no real problems attracting new blood, and when the Conservatives announced that they intended to do away with the need for a freshwater licence, they were inundated with angry letters from anglers feaful that there representation would go the same way as the licences, and left wondering who would pay for what the freshwater licence currently pays in preserving their fishing.

To be clear, SACN's position on this is 'first give us something worth paying for (not just promises) then talk about a reasonable amount to charge anglers for maintaining access to that quality of fishing.

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Leon Roskilly:

Interesting figures Jim. Where do they come from?

TL - leon

1.1 million sea anglers in 1 million households paying £22.00 a year each.

Less the £3m that you said will be left for conservation.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

A hell of a lot of sea anglers are the once a year fishers (me included) who go when on hoiday and who will be put off if they have to pay a sea licence. Although if (like me) they have a coarse licence and the sea part is added to it i suppose there may be some merit in it as it may give anglers a voice in conservation issues.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/