The Boys From Brazil

Simon Everett

Been out of the running for a bit. Just got home from the Brazil trip - after a couple of days working I was asked to join the AMI Dubai team for the remainder of the event. I had plenty of pictures for what I need so was glad to. I am now nursing my injuries!

It was worth it though - we were 5th in the next but last race and a win in the final speed trial pulled us up from lying 7th overall to a very creditable 3rd - on the podium!!! We beat the Italian T850 World Champion by 3 seconds and having left the line as the 7th boat away (left according to position on the table in reverse order) by the time we took the flag we were the 2nd boat over the line - boats leaving at 10 second intervals - so that was 1 minute we pulled back over the duration of the race. We were flying and there was onw wave we came off that I counted 4 seconds in the air before we hit the water again. The Dutch entry were trying to catch us hard but lost 3 crew members overboard and so only had the driver left onboard to recover the others. He had his crew back onboard and away within 20 seconds!!! Brilliant stuff. Hard, fast racing with no quarter. I tore the ligaments in my left elbow at about the 5 mile mark and so had to finish the rest of the race with only one hand to hold on with - I was absolutely knackered at the end and by then it hurt like hell - no paddling for me for some time. I am just going to have to work at getting fit again in time for South Africa. At the moment I can't even pick up a sock! Give it a week and I'll be using it - light duties though.

Anyway, back on the Parish and got to get cracking at writing it all up for Monday.

See ya,

Simon.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Well done Simon,

sounds exhilharating.

Shame you won't be paddling.....still-all the more flounders for me :)

Jon

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Nice one Simon, so how many of you were there on each kayak :) take care of that elbow you've got a tournament to win in a few weeks. :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Been thinking about this tournament - been keeping me awake at night. I have a cunning plan and it involves the local Garden centre......do tropical fish count?!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Only if you can get your kayak in the pond :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com