My Next Project

Vidar6

Take a look at what’s going to the basis for my next project

http://tackledirect.com/am16iar16iar.html

I have long fancied a small more classic looking Ambassadeur than the Morrum, but with real high-end performance. Now’s the time come to realize my dream

Now, this is nothing for the fainthearted and requires skills in reel tuning far beyond what I possess so I will be sending the reel to UT (Ulf Tingstrom), a Swedish reel magician that builds and tunes classic Ambassadeur's to a higher standard than probably anyone else in the world.

This is going to be something extra, extra special and I’m sooooo excited B)B):D:D

Edited by Vidar6

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to share your excitment Vidar, but in what? Are you going to fish with it? :unsure:

Yes, of course :rolleyes::rolleyes:

A huge number of people around the world are fans of the classic style 1500 & 2500 and use them either as standard or tuned to various levels.

A tuned 2500 reel with a lightweight Avail spool mounted, was used when setting the British long casting record in the 5/8oz class with a length in excess of 125 yards.

It's simply exciting to own something that is engineered to almost perfection.

I tell you one thing for sure, it's a hell of a lot more fun to collect rare or high-end fishing tackle than stamps :lol::lol:

Edited by Vidar6

Now that looks like fun.

What weight lures and what sort of rod?

It should be a perch lure anglers dream.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Now that looks like fun.

What weight lures and what sort of rod?

It should be a perch lure anglers dream.

I intend to use it for crankbaits & jerkbaits in the 3/8 to 5/8oz range and the reel will be paired with a Megabass F4-68X Jabberwock rod.

http://www.megabassusa.com/Baitcasting.htm

Double click on the pictures for a larger image.

A unique reel deserves a unique rod :):):)

Edited by Vidar6

Interesting site. Not one I was familiar with but they do have some nice looking gear. I'm guessing the prices are a little out of my range though. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Yes, of course :rolleyes::rolleyes:

A huge number of people around the world are fans of the classic style 1500 & 2500 and use them either as standard or tuned to various levels.

A tuned 2500 reel with a lightweight Avail spool mounted, was used when setting the British long casting record in the 5/8oz class with a length in excess of 125 yards.

It's simply exciting to own something that is engineered to almost perfection.

I tell you one thing, it's a hell of a lot more fun to collect rare or high-end fishing tackle than stamps :lol::lol:

Look Vidar I am a phila,,,,phitrapissed... stamp collector, think your comment a bit harsh :angry:

Vidar

A serious question for once if I may, I am intrigued, do you enter into beach casting tournaments? And if so how successful are you? Are you English? :)