Unhooking Mats.

Comus

Hi all,

Father Christmas has asked me if I would like a foam or poly ball filled unhooking mat and I don't know the difference. From the adverts I can see that the polyball versions are more expensive so are presumably better.

Whats the difference?

Thanks. :D

An Unhooking mat?

You must have been very naughty this year. :lol:

Polyball mats tend to be softer and seem to mould themselves to the fish better than the plain foam mats.

I have the badger polyball mat and its an excellent bit of kit. Yes there are more expensive versions, but I don`t see the point of paying out extra for something which is virtually the same

I have the Wychwood Beanie unhooking mat which have massive polyball filled main area moulds itself in place with an underlay of 5mm foam to stop sharp objects puncturing base. Also it have an extra thick outer rim to stop fish sliding off mat. It also got an scales / forceps storage pouch, fish retaining / kneeling flap

and it folds in half for transportion, supplied with free carrying strap.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I have the Wychwood Beanie unhooking mat which have massive polyball filled main area moulds itself in place with an underlay of 5mm foam to stop sharp objects puncturing base. Also it have an extra thick outer rim to stop fish sliding off mat. It also got an scales / forceps storage pouch, fish retaining / kneeling flap

and it folds in half for transportion, supplied with free carrying strap.

Thanks Andrew.

:)