Zziplex vs Century

TANCHET

After a 3 piece quality beach rod. My shortlist comprises:

ZZIPLEX GB3 LITE

CENTURY CARBON METAL SRE

In terms of RRP they come in at £329 for the Zip and £289 for the Cen. However, most retailers are discounting the Century down to around £219 but not the Zziplex. Perhaps this is a sign of desirability and quality on behalf of the Zziplex.

Anyway, interested to know your thoughts on my choice.

After a 3 piece quality beach rod. My shortlist comprises:

ZZIPLEX GB3 LITE

CENTURY CARBON METAL SRE

In terms of RRP they come in at £329 for the Zip and £289 for the Cen. However, most retailers are discounting the Century down to around £219 but not the Zziplex. Perhaps this is a sign of desirability and quality on behalf of the Zziplex.

Anyway, interested to know your thoughts on my choice.

:D Discounting is nothing to do with quality in this case, both are very good desireable rods but the Zziplex is in short supply, so you don't discount a rod if you don't know when your next order is coming in. :rolleyes:

the answer to that question is that only YOU can answer it.

i would say zzipplex but having purchased 2 zzippys this year i would. others will argue they are overpriced rubbish.

thing about fishing rods is they are personal to the owner. try get a feel for the maunfactor and if you like their other products then its a good indicator to their range . best to actually get them in your hand if your not to far from a decent shop.

otherwise expect a long list of comments rubbishing or praising both.

Agree with dale, only you can decide if they are worth the money

Ziplex has been very well thought of for years, the thing is can you cast them any further. Just because all the top end rods can perform well and cast vast distances...doesen't mean they will for you..can you compress them? what are they like to fish with?

I'm sure that if anyone owns one on this site they'll tell you.

The best thing to do is to get along to a shop or visit any local fishing venue and look at the rods and if possible handle and cast them.

There are very few rubbish rods out there, what suits you may not suit me, so you have got to see them in the flesh to have any idea.

As a general rule as long as you go with a well known name, you won't go far wrong

Dave ;)

This is a very old and complex subject that many a angler has fallen out over (my rods better than yours)!

rods and reels to that matter are personal preference,one that suits you may not your mate!

eg, i use century my mate zziplex!! i use penn mags my mate slosh's!

my advise is to beg,borrow a go on the rods you like then make up your own mind as this can be a very expensive decision to make wrong

:o;)

in real terms I very much doubt the zippy is worth £110 more but its the fact that they have a following of anglers who have it set in their minds that no other rod will do, that allows zipplex to keep a control on the supply and therefore keep the price inflated both are excellent rods and I know you won't be dissapointed in the century.

{2008. Editor's note: for Zzziplex fishing tackle for sale, please click here. For Century fishing tackle for sale, please click here.}