casting

petera

That's right. There's no buggering about with poles at all. You simply turn up with all 60 feet of it, fully erected, in your Toyota Yaris boot, beside your golf clubs of course. You then stick it in your pocket, while you you grab your tackle box and stick that in your other pocket. You saunter down to the water, smoking a cigar, because you have both hands free and then your magic elves appear from their hideaway in your sandwich box and set all your gear up for you. You do nothing of course because...

a pole it saves all the bu**ering about

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

That's right. There's no buggering about with poles at all. You simply turn up with all 60 feet of it, fully erected, in your Toyota Yaris boot, beside your golf clubs of course. You then stick it in your pocket, while you you grab your tackle box and stick that in your other pocket. You saunter down to the water, smoking a cigar, because you have both hands free and then your magic elves appear from their hideaway in your sandwich box and set all your gear up for you. You do nothing of course because...

I also have a pole which I quite like but am a little confused.......

Should it have come with magic elves or do I have to buy them seperatley ?

Has the shop done me ??

There are quite a few casting video clips on YouTube.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

While I understand that a directly overhead cast will make it easier to hit the same spot consistently, it is fairly important to be able to cast at almost any angle from left near horizontal to right near horizontal. There is nearly always a tree (or more often umbrella) in the way of a vertical cast! My "normal" cast comes over at about 30 degrees right of vertical.

If you have big enough hands it is easier to time the release if you trap the line with a finger against the lip of the spool rather than hooking the line over your finger as beginners tend to do. Try holding the rod with two fingers either side of the reel.

It's probably better to grasp a straightforward overhead before learning how to side-cast, flip etc. but I know exactly what you mean. On one of my favourite pike waters, I have to kneel on the bank to get a cast. I would wade but there's a steep drop-off about 3 feet from the edge so kneeling it is. It makes a pendulum cast impossible though...lol

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

Underarm casting is as important, if not more than overhead in my opinion. There's less splash and you can it's much easier to guage distance. I can pretty much cast in any situation, but thats because im just plain awesome ;D

You tell 'em Dan....lol.... :rolleyes:

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

Hi petera, where about do you live as you have not filled out that bit? I am sure you will be near one of the members on here who would be more than willing to meet up and help you out if you need it.

A good way to practice your casting is in your garden if big enough or local sports field/park. Just put a small ledger weight on, that way you can cast away until your hearts content without disturburing the fish or other anglers.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Underarm casting is as important, if not more than overhead in my opinion. There's less splash and you can it's much easier to guage distance. I can pretty much cast in any situation, but thats because im just plain awesome ;D

Well if you fish rivers I'd agree, I hardly ever have the need to use an overhead cast these days for that very reason.