long hairs

Guest Josh Iddon

Would the hooklength material make much difference when using long hairs?

i would imagine with braid being supple this would be more ideal than fluros or monos anyone any ideas?

josh are your rigs braided or fluro/mono?

Edited by steve17

steve.

Would the hooklength material make much difference when using long hairs?

i would imagine with braid being supple this would be more ideal than fluros or monos anyone any ideas?

josh are your rigs braided or fluro/mono?

The main hook lengths im using are mono and a coated braid(with all coating on).I dont think it would matter too much.

I have fished with with long hairs for a while now, on at least one rod.

I'm sure it makes a difference in tight baiting situations.

I try to keep to small hooks if I can and fish the hairs about 2" long

tied with supernova or mono but have more confidence in the braid.

Hook hold holds are normally well in but I' ve had a few in the top lip!!

Got a cuple of sessions planned for the next cuple of days.

Will a Kyrston Mantis hooklink witht he coating peeled back on the hair, be ok to use with a long hair, on an AshimaC-310. I normally use a piece of tubing up the shank of the hook to stop the hair from tangling back on the knot, is this nessiscary on long hairs?

Whatever floats your boat...

See how I float mine, here

Will a Kyrston Mantis hooklink witht he coating peeled back on the hair, be ok to use with a long hair, on an AshimaC-310. I normally use a piece of tubing up the shank of the hook to stop the hair from tangling back on the knot, is this nessiscary on long hairs?

If you use PVA rig foam its not but no harm in it. You can also tie the hair back with PVA string or tape.

i'd still use the tubing on bend of hook dude when the fish blows the rig out the movement of the tubing going back up shank of hook will help the hook get a decent hold....make sure u got forceps wiv u if trying long hair cos the fish are sometimes so confident that u'll get the odd one deep hooked...on our sydicate wher no fish had been out for 2 months i lost 5 in a nite all on short hair changed next day to hair with 1an half inch gap between hook and bait and landed a 28 that hadn't been out for 4 years it was hooked well back....must of wanted the sweetie big time but couldn't sense anythin wrong with the bait....use a little dynamite stick to stop the hair tangling got bonus of little bit of food around hook and point can't get stuck on any chod on way down...mantis will be pukka i use korda hybrid with it peeled back works sweeeeet!!!!

i'd still use the tubing on bend of hook dude when the fish blows the rig out the movement of the tubing going back up shank of hook will help the hook get a decent hold....make sure u got forceps wiv u if trying long hair cos the fish are sometimes so confident that u'll get the odd one deep hooked...on our sydicate wher no fish had been out for 2 months i lost 5 in a nite all on short hair changed next day to hair with 1an half inch gap between hook and bait and landed a 28 that hadn't been out for 4 years it was hooked well back....must of wanted the sweetie big time but couldn't sense anythin wrong with the bait....use a little dynamite stick to stop the hair tangling got bonus of little bit of food around hook and point can't get stuck on any chod on way down...mantis will be pukka i use korda hybrid with it peeled back works sweeeeet!!!!

It must make a differance. YeH id use a stick, never thought of that.

Cheers, will let you know how i get on

Whatever floats your boat...

See how I float mine, here