BACK TO BACK DOUBLE HOOKS

Ken L

Hi all, I'm looking to make up some stinger hooks for jig/shad combinations and having played with a few trebles, I cant say that I'm impressed with the hook exposure once one point is burried in the shad. Ideally, I'd like to source some double hooks with the two points facing oposite directions. Does anyone know of a suplier ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Guest Ferret1959
Hi all, I'm looking to make up some stinger hooks for jig/shad combinations and having played with a few trebles, I cant say that I'm impressed with the hook exposure once one point is burried in the shad. Ideally, I'd like to source some double hooks with the two points facing oposite directions. Does anyone know of a suplier ?

http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?q=doub...=ff&oi=froogler

Any store that stocks Partridge hooks can supply VB (Vic Bellars) doubles. Leslies of Luton used to do them.

If they no longer stock them, then I've talked my local shop into keeping them too. They are

Anglers Base Penge. 309-311 Beckenham Road, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 4RL Tel O20 8676 8000

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

They are

Anglers Base Penge. 309-311 Beckenham Road, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 4RL Tel O20 8676 8000

Strewth, is that your closest shop these days? Do you remember/did you ever use Raymond Thomas's, that used to be next to West Norwood station? Deaf as a post and mad as a hatter, was Ray...

Strewth, is that your closest shop these days? Do you remember/did you ever use Raymond Thomas's, that used to be next to West Norwood station? Deaf as a post and mad as a hatter, was Ray...

Little before my time in the area Davy.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Thanks for the link Ferret but those arn't what I'm looking for. I need the hooks back to back. I think I saw something similar to what I want on sale in France a few years ago being sold as livebaiting hooks. They were a single hook with a barbed spike sticking out the back.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

"They were a single hook with a barbed spike sticking out the back"

I'm sure you could achieve this with the VB doubles, even if you had to heat the smaller hook to get it to bend easily.

I stopped using them, because for some reason I found them extraordinarily difficult to extract - much harder than trebles. I think it was mainly due to the staggered bends.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I was at work so I didn't have chance to properly check out the VB hooks before. I've just found them on the Partridge website and they look just the job for what I have in mind. Thanks guys.

I think I know the type you mean. They were used for mounting prawns etc. I'll have a look about and if I can find them, I'll post you a link or send you details of a supplier.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...