Swim feeders

Guest @Winter@

I can't think of a single reason why it shouldn't work. In fact, given the level of baiting up that the freshwater boys do in still water, I am inclined to think that there are even more benefits to sea angling.

Getting round to doing it and never going fishing without is quite different of course. I do groundbait for mullet and gars though.

andyR

Sea anglers are very averse to trying anything out of the ordinary, in case they look silly. Putting a strong scent in the water where you are fishing is just common sense and almost essential as far as i'm concerned.

I keep all my old scraps of sqid and stuff as i re-bait during a session, then just at the end of high tide, I chuck it in, to attract close in fish. Fish do hunt the water line for scraps churned up by the surf at night.

If you watch a seal patrolling the beach, he works his way along 10 yds out. He knows where the fish are.

I have liquidised all my old refrozen bait, and frozen it into drilled out film cannisters.

When I am going fishing, i thread 100lb line through, and cast it out attached to a lighter weight.

Does affect distance, but not too badly.

Results are as yet inconclusive for quality fish, but get hammered by dogfish every time, so I would imagine it works for whiting.

Ingrediants are squid, mackerel, sandeel, and a little pilchard oil!

B.A.S.S. member

Nooooooooooo :P
LOL