New Paper on The Block

wirral sea fishing

This prob will interest Norm B more......

We have just had a new "free" paper introduced (i wont name it) here in the North West, they bombarded us tackle dealers with phone calls, not just for advertising but also for input, to do with both Sea & Coarse fishing.

After having a very good conversation with the person on the other end that took some 45 mins, i explained that my website could offer them some very good content, and they seemed very keen indeed, they then went on about advertising, i explained that i would wait and see how things went, with the content as well as the "readers views", again they pushed all sorts of discounts at me etc etc to get an advert in the first edition, so i said ok, but i am VERY particular on my adverts (its an image thing), and the placement of the advert, so i booked Page 3, a little bit of silence then i was asked what size advert, my reply was the whole page please, the launch price was only £350.00 so i was happy with that, anyway i went away and spent a good day creating the advert (image remember) and emailed it to them in the correct size in a .psd as well as .jpg & .gif, 2 days later i get a phone call saying they have had to alter the advert and they have emailed me a proof to view, anyway it arrived and all my hard work had been slashed to the basic of basic adverts, with a note attached saying that they do not wish to have mail order adverts that undercut prices as they do not want to upset the tackle shops that adverrtise and cannot match the prices, so i pulled the advert as ther was no point in me doing one, however the first issue arrived and it looked pretty impressive i must say, the 2nd issue has just arrived and they have struggled to have much content on sea fishing, pleanty on coarse as you would expect but very little on sea and i noticed that the adverts for tackle shops where very few and far between. So unless they take on board the information given to them i really cant see them lasting, i am sure it is a tough world out there and information is key to any success, but surley advertisers are just as important in the world of the angling press ?