Big Project!

Guest franticfisherman2

Guest franticfisherman2

I bought my first digital still camera a couple of years ago and have amassed quite a collection of photos so far. However, this is nothing compared to the photo albums I have have filled up over the past 40-odd years! I have 13 albums containing approx. 1500 to 2000 pictures which chronicle my angling career so far and I hope I have plenty more years to go. I am planning to scan all these photos over the next few years, adding captions to each one (date, place, size of fish etc.) I will back up regularly to external hard drive or disc etc. Has anyone this type of thing before and are there any pitfalls I should avoid or other things that I should do? Any comments or suggestions will be gratefully received. :) When I come across any gems from yesteryear I will repay you all by posting it here first! :D

slow but not impossible ,a good idea is to put a pair of folders on your desktop one marked scan and one marked done ,put your scans in the folder scan and when youve done your work on them drag them to done ,this keeps the process so you dont keep opening up pictures only to realise youve already played with it ,for safety also store the done folder on a RW disk .

when scanning the pics make sure they are absolutely straight (horizontally and vertically) if you have to straighten them using your graphic program it can result in loss of detail (and more cropping) and have plenty of memory if your upping the dpi.

its amazing how in psp7 (and probably in all the others) using the unfade filter brings them alive again

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest franticfisherman2

Thanks for the tips chesters1. I have got psp7 but have rarely used it - time to get to grips with it I think! :)

Thanks for the tips chesters1. I have got psp7 but have rarely used it - time to get to grips with it I think! :)

Watch out, this process has been looked at by comercial organisations, the problem they came up with, documents scaned and saved now 'may not run on Windows XXPP'? in ten years time. Just a caution befor you set about all that work.

Why not choose a few of the most memorable to re vitalise?

:ph34r: