24 hour session bait

just wondering how much bait i will need for a 24 hour session at my local water which is 30 acres and contains a large head of carp to 26lb but also alot of bream and tench.

I was thinking a 2.5kg sack of vitalin, 1kg hemp, 5 big tins of sweetcorn, 4kg of normal groundbait, tin of meat, maggots and maybe some pellets.

do you reckon this will be enough? by the way i will be spodding a bed of bait out then topping it up with more spods throughout the session.

how much do you usually take with you???

It doesn't sound unreasonable, but I'd use less. I prefer smaller beds of particle / groundbait - but it all depends how the fish respond to it and if you're catching. My feeling is that if the going is slow then they have less to munch through before taking the hookbait. But on the downside, bigger beds of bait can bring in bigger beds of fish.

Rob.

I have for a few years but only day sessions so this my first 24 hour session there.

usually you have to either wade through the bream in the day to get to the carp because carp baits like tiger nuts(well all nuts for that matter) and partimix are not allowed which means bream are interested in your bait :o but the bream are fairly decent i seen them landed to 8Lb or so.

Is a bait in the margin area good for night fishing???

and i gather the fish rely on smell at night so what baits are good and smelly?? luncheon meat??

Hi

Heres what i do when i fish for 24hrs +, i bait up a coupe of good spots before night, i locate them when i get there and feed them slowly through the day just to let the fish get used to them, you may want to keep an eye on them coz if you get a big fish come in you can target it.

Then i keep one rod out where i have been fishing through the day and the other i put in the margins. As I only fish two rods.

In terms of bait, i use top quality bait, used to think it does not matter and put in any thing but am a big fan of mainline boilies, have never blanked on them ever.

Tiger nut again another winner, Maize is always worth a go, caught some big fish on that.

Luncheon meat is always a good one to try if things are not happening.

What i do is change me bait every 1/2-3/4 hour until i find the one they want and them use it on both rods.

Hope that helps, i will be fishing a new water soon, it has only been used by match anglers but was stocked 25 years ago so the carp have been pretty much untouched.

STC

Good luck

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!