fly rod advice

poacher76

hi,iam after a new fly rod i was wondering what u make of the greys grxi i usualy pike fish but enjoy the fly fishing,and can u recommend a good floating line,thanks in advance

Floating line-----------anything other tha Airflo :o:D .I have been using a floater from Masterline(it's cheapish :D ).It's ok for my needs,has some memory but not too bad.My mate has been using Cortland and he reckons that is worse than my line for memory!!!!.Worcestershire lines have a good name,dare say you will be recommended plenty of chouce :D .

Rods are very much a personal choice.I have two 'bloke' rods,excellent-but then i did not have to pay for em :D:D .Also have a very cheap rod from ebay-totally different action but nothing wrong with it at all.

The bloke rods are pretty stiff actioned,probably my casting does not do them justice though :D .

My own choice for a good floating line wpuld have to be the Snowbee XS Prestige WFF. Very little if any memory and shoots well.

As has been already said rods are something to suit yourself and couldn`t really reccomend one without knowing how much you were looking to spend, as you know I should think you can pick one up for next to nothing and is probably worth that, or pay the through the nose for another one that again may not be worth it. Good luck.

Dave

Edited by fisherman
ANMC Founder Member. Always learning