Which Size Wading Boots

fishfinder

I have bought myself a pair of Airflo Comfort Zone Breathable waders, which came with a set of Airflo Comfort Zone boots.

I am a smallish size 8 foot (about a size 7 and three quarters!), and the boots were a size 8/9. When I tried them on, they were quite tight and not comfortable to walk in.

Can anyone else (preferably a fellow size 8 footer) tell me which size to go for (I think the next size up is a 10/11, and these may well be too big!). I bought them by mail order, and therefore couldn't try them on first.

Can any of you size 8-ers recommend a boot that you've bought that fits comfortably? My budget is probably around £50 max, but I could get a more expensive pair for less on Ebay if I'm patient!

Thanks

John

i've always been under the impression that wading boots are a waste of money, just wear a cheap pair of trainers.

btw, it's not just me who thinks this, fly fishing legend (and i use the word legend in a slightly tongue in cheek way before anyone protests :)) john geirach says pretty much the same in one of his books, just been looking to see which but can't find it right now.

Trainers (cheap ones) have not got a good sole for wading, plus no akle support and you will stub your toes. It does depend a bit on where your fishing what soles you have, I prefer studs, or a mixture of studs and felt.

Felt can be lethal on steep muddy or grassy banks.

I would go two sizes up on wading boots with neoprene feet. I take an 11 shoe and use size 13 boots.

depends which trainers you buy salmo!

and with a cheapo pair, you won't mind modding them to include some studs :)

i still say a cheap pair of trainers (the walking/outdoorsy sort are best) will perform at least as well as any non studded wading boots, and cost a fraction of the price

depends which trainers you buy salmo!

and with a cheapo pair, you won't mind modding them to include some studs :)

i still say a cheap pair of trainers (the walking/outdoorsy sort are best) will perform at least as well as any non studded wading boots, and cost a fraction of the price

I wear a size 8 trainer - what size should I buy to fit my neoprene stocking feet into?

who knows, shoe sizing is pretty random at the best of times. probably best taking your waders to the cheap trainer shop, you'll look a bit of a plonker, but you'll get shoes that fit :)

I have been through the cheap way to wading boots, its false economy.

I have tried everything you can imagine, got boots from car boot sales etc. the only cheapies I would recomend are an industrial boot. They are black rubber with large cleats (ideal for puting studs in, large cleats) they also have a steel toecap, they are quite heavy but should last many years. Unfotunately for me they only go to a size 11.

I am in the fortunate position that I wear my boots almost daily (Feb to Oct), the pair I have at the moment are sold under the Fenwick name. I bought them 2 seasons ago, they have felt soles and I have studded the heels, there are still in good nick. The rrp was £49.99, I got them for £29.99.

Here is an offer for you, the afore mentioned industrial boots well I have a pair you can have for the price of the postage, they are size 10/11.

Pm me and there yours. :clap2:

Ref my last, the offer was to fishfinder.

I have been through the cheap way to wading boots, its false economy.

I have tried everything you can imagine, got boots from car boot sales etc. the only cheapies I would recomend are an industrial boot. They are black rubber with large cleats (ideal for puting studs in, large cleats) they also have a steel toecap, they are quite heavy but should last many years. Unfotunately for me they only go to a size 11.

I am in the fortunate position that I wear my boots almost daily (Feb to Oct), the pair I have at the moment are sold under the Fenwick name. I bought them 2 seasons ago, they have felt soles and I have studded the heels, there are still in good nick. The rrp was £49.99, I got them for £29.99.

Here is an offer for you, the afore mentioned industrial boots well I have a pair you can have for the price of the postage, they are size 10/11.

Pm me and there yours. :clap2:

Ref my last, the offer was to fishfinder.

That's vey kind of you, but I've just ordered a pair of 10/11 boots! If only I'd waited!

Thanks

John