Bite Alarms

lilypad

My interest was sparked in this, Jim, because some people can't run to the cost of a set of Delkims, but I was interested in the different ways in which alarms worked.

Yes, cost is an issue - and it's true that Delkims are in the upper price band. To set against their cost, however, is the fact that they are totally reliable and will last "for ever".

Their sensitivity adjustment works superbly, too. It is possible to adjust them so there are few or no wind-bleeps, even when it is blowing a "hoolie". Roller-wheel systems cannot, in my experience, offer this degree of control.

Put it this way. Were some disaster to befall my angling equipment, I would replace my Delkims with more Delkims. I've had such positive experience of their use that I wouldn't even consider rival makes.

And just for the record, my Delkims were not freebies - I paid for them with my own hard-earned "wedge".

Edited by Jim Gibbinson

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic