Bite Alarms

lilypad

I have just heard from a Solar V10i owner that Solar are ceasing manufacture and sale of their fantastic alarm systems. :yucky:

So all you Solartronic owners out there had better buy the remaining stocks for spares. :yeah:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think the price of the alarms will drop now because of that

Does it really matter. If they were given away free with a baiting needle the odds are the baiting needle is the only thing that would work correctly.

Truth is some work ok but most give problems. For any kind of money you should be confident the tool does what it's supposed to do.

IMHO Solar should stick to what they are good at; stainless and bait preps. :thumbs:

I don't know if the aforementioned rumour regarding Solar alarms is true, but my advice whenever anyone asks me about alarms is to buy Delkims. I bought mine from the very first production batch (can't remember when that was, but it was a good many years ago), and in all that time they've not missed a beat. I know, too, that in the unlikely event of any of them developing a fault, Delkim offer a first-rate after-sales service.

Other alarms may come and go; Delkims go on for ever!

Good fishing alarm users like myself are quite happy to use our hand Built in Britain alarms that cost peanuts compared to mass manufactured far eastern jobbies.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

You can buy good reliable alarms now for £15 and they seem to last for a long time. Should they ever malfunction you can afford to throw them away and buy anew, you can't do that with the likes of Delks and I wonder just how cost effective they work out in the long run when compared to the new ranges of affordable alarms.

I don't know if the aforementioned rumour regarding Solar alarms is true, but my advice whenever anyone asks me about alarms is to buy Delkims. I bought mine from the very first production batch (can't remember when that was, but it was a good many years ago), and in all that time they've not missed a beat. I know, too, that in the unlikely event of any of them developing a fault, Delkim offer a first-rate after-sales service.

Other alarms may come and go; Delkims go on for ever!

I have to agree with Jim, I`ve had mine since their release in 89-90 and they`re still working flawlessly until now, they`ve never been back to Delkim either.

Well I had delkims and I got rid of them. All three failed in sub zero conditions and when wet the line skids over the sensor when wet. My mate swore his were fine until I showed him one wet day - he still has them though.

I've had three different sets of fox alarms and have had no problems with any of them. Get what you like is my advice but there's very little difference between the top end alrms (IMHO).

Rob.

Well I had delkims and I got rid of them. All three failed in sub zero conditions and when wet the line skids over the sensor when wet.

Rob.

Is that because Delkims use piezo rather than magnetic rollers, do you think?

I borrowed a set of Delkims from a cousin a few years back - it was very cold and wet (end January and a 36 hour session), I can vouch for their ability to wake you up in the disgustingly early hours, when it's been raining hard and the temperature varying between + / - 2C.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine