Chronicals of Yarak

darnsarf

Took her out today after my boss insisted on me having some time off. Due to tide only place fishable and practical was Southamton Water. Me and Richi launched from Hythe marina for the comp so thought I would try it again only this time in daylight! Have to say for anyone wishing to launch in this area the marina is perfect. Just watch out for the parking fee £3. They do clamp.

On the water at 10.30 and paddled upto the barges at Marchwood, fished around a part sunken barge, no luck.

Changed tactics, put on a spoon and bullet weight and drifted all the way back to the marina, about 1 mile. no so much as a high speed crab, never mind a flounder.

Changed tactics again and anchored at the entrance to the channel for the marina. This is where I caught for the comp. Not today!

Changed location again. This time I anchored uptide of the Hythe Ferry Pier and let a float drift down to the superstructure. Shh dont tell anybody but a guy who was working for the ferry company said its a real hot spot in the summer. See you all there in June then :thumbs:

By now the tide and the fish were running at a fair rate of knots for the open sea.

Novices lesson of the day: If you are anchoring uptide of a structure make sure you give yourself enough room to recover the anchor and regain control of the Yak before being smashed into the pier :clap:

I did but only just. In the end I had to paddle uptide of the anchor, recover on the drift back. I turned away from the pier about 10m short (about 15 seconds to spare).

Great day, many lessons learnt but no fish despite best efforts.

Have to say the 0.75kg anchor holds way above its weight and the bog pipe special rod holder continues to perform well. Its like a third hand.

Pretty convinced that all the places I visited will yield fish, just not today. The guys on the shore seemed pretty quite so will put it down to one of those days. :yucky::D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Welcome to the Blankers club Paul :D:D:D Have you seen the wind speeds predicted for the weekend?from saturday midday till sunday midday theres only a couple of mile an hour wind predicted.could be a good time to try for a deep water night session :clap::thumbs: Thanks for the thumbs up on Hythe in the summer :clap2:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Hey Darnsarf, sneaking out during a school day, nice report, glad your staying dry now :D did you try a range of baits ?

Did you get get a picture of those comp fish, I'm giving you an honourable mention but your going to have to try harder for a medal.

Results will be posted soon as I have a couple of mug shots in from the winners.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Richi are you thinking Warbarrow again?

SM I have the phots on my phone. When you see the size of them you will realise how sad that is. Is there a way, should I send them to you? :doh::headhurt::clap2:

Those waiting for a print I havent forgotton. Just got the tubes. Just waiting for the tranfers for the yak, will then post a picture or two.

Maybe Paul-interested? BTW I've E-mailed my solitary pout photo to SM thus hopefully achieving my original goal of last place :victory:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

Could well be. I have the Monday and Tuesday off as well but I am taking Tina out on Monday.

Not that Im keen but HT on Sunday is 1020pm ish. Its a venue that fishes all day if the WEATHER is OK. Wellies or walking boots

Was thinking of Saturday Paul because I've got to work Monday High water around 10p.m. predicted wind speed at 10p.m.----2.5m.p.h. would also like to take this opportunity to invite all fellow forum members

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

Saturday it is then. From lulworth, fish off the fossil forest, into Mupe bay, maybe try to find that mark the charters use. Then some close in work around the Tout for those pollock and conger!

Hopefully we can paddle back this time :D