Most Amazing Sight

Elton

Walking along today, across a field, I heard the squeak of a distressed rabbit. It's something you get used to hearing when you walk a dog in the countryside.

So, I turned round and saw the rabbit, which was in the process of getting its butt well and truly kicked by a stoat.

Now, I don't know if it was the reflex actions of the bunny, but it appeared that the stoat was throwing it in the air and giving it a real hiding!

I've seen many a rabbit carcass with a hole in the chest around here, so assumed that was done by stoats in the past.

Anyway, this rabbit was definitely going to bunny heaven as, stirred by all the commotion, my dog ran over, scared the stoat away and grabbed it.

Almost as surreal as the day she chased a rat into a hedge on the very same field and had a cat and pigeon drop on her head, as the cat had struck the pigeon in the tree and they both tumbled on top of her.

Who said country life was boring, eh? :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one question - what's a stoat?

Like a weasel. You have those?

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Just one question - what's a stoat?
like a weisel! a very small lightly built ferret thing

:) elton have you ever seen one do a sort of break dance (somersoults, back spins)

in front of a rabbit to weird it out! get closer and bang! very strange but effective!

like a weisel! a very small lightly built ferret thing

:) elton have you ever seen one do a sort of break dance (somersoults, back spins)

in front of a rabbit to weird it out! get closer and bang! very strange but effective!

I haven't, but somebody told me about it today and I thought he was taking the proverbial!

Is a weasel smaller? Mine looked diddy (don't go there, Ferret :) )

If you can copy that noise that a distressed rabbit makes you can attract foxes and they sometimes come really close to investigate if your still enough.

You can make the noise by putting your hand over your closed lips then suck in slowly but it may get you some strange looks of other dog walkers :blink:

Regards Paul Mc