Grey,s Greyflex 13 ft Beachcaster

peterthefisherman

Anybody used one ?? what do you think ?? Any advice appreciated :unsure:

Thinking of having one Peter? Never used the greyflex but the greys that I do own is very good. Be careful with the quality apparently since moving the production to China it has slipped a bit. Especially in the standard of Carbon used!

Still get the life time gaurentee with all greys rods which is good. Although I think mine is probably void now i've cut the reel seat and foam grips off and replaced it all with heat shrink. What sort of fishing are you hoping to do with it? A some of the british manufacturers..Conoflex/zziplex/Century/Daiwa all make some cracking rods and the price wont be that much dearer.

Matt

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

Looking probably to fish cleaner ground like Loch Ryan , Loch Fyne the sands at Arbroath etc. More for flatties doggies etc.

I already have a heavy beachcaster and a 535 for Arbroath etc if I ever manage to get up there. It is a thought when you dont really know where to go. Perhaps I can tag along with you sometime.

Thanks for the response

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

Guest @Winter@

Not long after the Nitra topic where every man and his dog said they snap rather easily mine snapped. What a bummer, it is only 2 month old. Gonna ask for my money back and change to centuary or conoflex. No point having a rod u cant trust.

Cant help with knowledge of this rod though - sorry.

Looking probably to fish cleaner ground like Loch Ryan , Loch Fyne the sands at Arbroath etc. More for flatties doggies etc.

I already have a heavy beachcaster and a 535 for Arbroath etc if I ever manage to get up there. It is a thought when you dont really know where to go. Perhaps I can tag along with you sometime.

Thanks for the response

Definatly Peter we'll get out some time if the weather ever changes that is!

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC