Commercial fishery perch

Guest Josh Iddon

Josh, if you can't or don't like the idea of livebaiting have a look at another of my articles on perch baits at http://anglers-net.co.uk/authors/steve10.htm

On commercials in particular, freshwater deadbaits are excellent for perch - as the TV programme I did for the Predators series showed! I'd add that it wasn't possible to more than scratch the surface on the programme, and one of the points that wasn't covered is that half baits (as long as they're freshwater ones) can be very successful for perch.

They won't always be the best bait on a given water, but I've yet to find one where freshwater deads have failed for perch, and they're particularly effective on commercials. As with deadbaiting for pike, you won't catch as many perch on deadbaits, but the average size is likely to be higher.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

On the subject of Perch at last I have seen someone else spinning at ladywood.

He told me he had had some absolute monster follow a small plug.

He estimated the biggest to be over 4lb. This is from the smallest of the three pools - the middle pool.

I have taken them to 3lb on match gear and maggots and casters as bait from the biggest pool (top lake)and had 2lbers from the bottom pool.

Not caught a lump on a spinner yet but still trying. Have had loads of tiddlers and a few chub!

The Sunday before last I went for the last hour of light and blanked.

I have three BIG 2-3lbers follow small mepps spinners and one follow a small rubber fish (sent by Chris Goddard) right upto the bank.

This is on a stillwater.

I choose pegs that anglers were vacating as I knew their feed may have attracted small perch or roach which may attract bigger perch.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!