Any catch reports for Portsmouth area?

tappy42

Hi folks, new to this forum.. How are you all? :D

Was wondering if anyone here could help me.

I rarely get the chance these days but hope to fish this coming weekend. I live in London and its difficult to keep up to date on catch reports!

I usually head for Eastney beach , but is it fishing ok at the moment. Brighton? Eastbourne? These are the areas i know..

Perhaps theres a better mark doing well somewhere else along the Solent??

Anyone got any helpful advice please??

:thumbs: Cheers,

Simon

Cheers Karl, yeah thats what i thought someone would say!

Still i'll give it a shot.. better than watchin the tv.......! (maybe!)

I sometimes think when I'm standing on a freezing beach, it would be nice to be watching tv! Sometimes the idea of fishing is better than the reality.

Hi folks, new to this forum.. How are you all? :D

Was wondering if anyone here could help me.

I rarely get the chance these days but hope to fish this coming weekend. I live in London and its difficult to keep up to date on catch reports!

I usually head for Eastney beach , but is it fishing ok at the moment. Brighton? Eastbourne? These are the areas i know..

Perhaps theres a better mark doing well somewhere else along the Solent??

Anyone got any helpful advice please??

:thumbs: Cheers,

Simon

Pretty poor in the Worthing/Brighton/Eastbourne area. Rockling if you like them! Few flounders here and there, better if the east wind would disappear! Pin whiting at night. That's it! I'd stay at home!!

Edited by DoubleShotDamo

Hi tappy42 :) .

I live across from Portsmouth in Gosport. Sorrry to say fishing usually in the doldrums through Feb into March. I've recently blanked twice on daytime trips in the hillhead area. Usually expect to pick up a few flounders but very slow. Don't think the constant East wind has helped at all. Roll on Spring !

DON'T PANIC

H Tappy, Fished Hillhead twice same as RichardB but i did have a 1 13oz flattie :) and blanked the second session. I do agree wit you i'd rather be on a beach even if it is cold and i do blank. It's hit or miss and there's only one way to find out if you are gonna blank....do it. Let me know if ur comin down pompey i live 15 mins from eastney

Arron

Cheers everyone -tho its not really good news is it!

Sitting at home reading the above makes me think i'll stay put and save my petrol.. I know come saturday morning tho, it'll get the better of me and i'll be on my way down regardless!

maidstonemike, youre absolutely right. trouble is i've been dreaming about it too long now and theres only one way to quench the urge.......

Hey! all good practise! :wallbash:

Shonzy, pm you closer to the weekend!

Edited by tappy42