Duhh

Sportsman

I was down at the lake this evening having a quiet session with the waggler fishing for whatever.

Rod was a 14'ABU Conolon Premier match with cheap chinese 0.18 line (around 6lb BS)

I had a few match sized carp and some nice rudd and then hooked into something obviously better.

I was a big mirror that I knew to be over 20lb.

It just wouldn't play fair but after 25 minutes it was in the net. I left it in the net to recover for a little while and then did something I seldom do, took the net out and weighed the fish in the net. 23lb dead

I carefully returned the fish in the net, inverted it and watched the fish swim strongly away.

That was the moment I realised I had forgotten to unhook it :doh:

I just managed to catch the rod as it was sliding down the bank and hung on. The fish took off again across the lake, heading for a far bank snag. I must have been out of patience because I just locked up on it.

There was a bang and the middle section of the rod snapped.

In the ensuing fuss the carp shed the hook

I liked that rod :bye2:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/