ACHILTIBUE & REIFF AREA

Grouse

Hi all,

I`m heading up to Achiltibue and Reiff just north of Ullapool this coming weekend to do some fishing off of the rocks there and I just wondered if anyone had tried it in that area. So far I have been told to fish off of the flat rock just south of the sea cliffs at Reiff using tobys and blinkers.

Johnny.

Ive fished there in the summer. Caught losts of small Pollack and Coalies along with Dogfish and Some small Cod.

The marks I caught at where Rubha Dunan - headland on shore near the hotel we caught not just on the end but in the corner opposite the pier . The pier itself produced quite well as did the rocks between Altandhu and Rief - there are some good comfortable ledges about half way.

Most fish came to either sandeel, mackeral and lots of small fish to feathers.

Great, Thanks for that Worm,, I`ll try all these marks... I just checked them on the map and found them all. I`ll get sandeel and Maks today,,, I`ll also try Mussel and squid and a bit of spinning

Ive fished there in the summer. Caught losts of small Pollack and Coalies along with Dogfish and Some small Cod.

The marks I caught at where Rubha Dunan - headland on shore near the hotel we caught not just on the end but in the corner opposite the pier . The pier itself produced quite well as did the rocks between Altandhu and Rief - there are some good comfortable ledges about half way.

Most fish came to either sandeel, mackeral and lots of small fish to feathers.

Too dammed right it`s interesting,, great,,, Ta,,, can you get charts for other areas on that website, I`ve been looking for one of the Morayshire coast from Inverness to Fraserburgh

You may find the chart below of interest. Its very old but I should think it still gives a fair idea of the Sea in the area

http://www.nls.uk/digitallibrary/map/early...and.cfm?id=1285

Grouse

These charts cover practically all of Scotland, as I said before they are all very old but I would still expect them to be reasonably accurate.

In the same digital library they also have many fresh water locks maped. if you are interested.

http://www.nls.uk/digitallibrary/map/early...harts_list.html

Edited by A Worm OOE