cags

mark d

Hi Mark.

There are a lot of different cags out there, and a few combinations of wear you can choose from.

Might help with your choices to have a good read of the link Ive put up.

http://www.sit-on-topkayaking.com/Articles...yakClothing.htm

Hope you find it usefull.

Edited by Yakity - Yak - u.k.

The new PALM dry trousers (paddle pants as Bill calls them!) have a very useful convenience zip! They are dry suit trousers - but with the suitable dry zip for those inappropriate little moments! Very seful.

Cags - palm, Yak, other makes - all prettygood. If it feels right and seems to be good material then I don't think you will go far wrong. For the summer I just use a GILL sailing jacket. The water is warm enough and it is only to keep the spray/rain/wind out.

Cags with seals at neck and wrist a must for winter and spring - that is when the water is at its lowest temperature and you do need to be protected then - if you go in without you can be in serious trouble very quickly. Summer - not too critical and I wear a pair of shorts many days, others just a pair of tropical wading trousers (more for sun protection than anything else.)

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Have a couple of things to add, latex neck seals can cause irritation so if you have sensitive skin beware and it's also worth considering getting a Cag with a hood for winter use, really helps to keep the elements out when anchored up or fishing on the drift.

Best to stick with one manufacturer for Cag and Pants so that you get the best seal around the waist if you go for a two piece.

Other thing to consider is what your going to wear underneath, there is a lot of base layers available, personally I would go for one that actually says for watersports as it should hold less water in the case of an water sepage, thus keeping you warmer. Helly Hanson, Gill, Patagonia, Musto plus many more all do appropirate gear.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

I've got a YAK Kangha and it does the job just fine, the neoprene neck seal is comfy, it is breathable though not as much as gore-tex, and hard wearing enough.... so far.

Its cut baggy enough to fit over my PFD, and its certainly warmer that way, so that I can use the front pocket.... although I wish it had more pockets. If you have a PFD with pockets and wear it over the cag then that won't be an issue.

I've got a YAK Kangha and it does the job just fine, the neoprene neck seal is comfy, it is breathable though not as much as gore-tex, and hard wearing enough.... so far.

Its cut baggy enough to fit over my PFD, and its certainly warmer that way, so that I can use the front pocket.... although I wish it had more pockets. If you have a PFD with pockets and wear it over the cag then that won't be an issue.