Rod tip tape/paint

mahoo

What does everyone use on their rod tips for reflection/illumination?, at the moment I have just got white electrical tape on mine, but as I try not to use too much light when I am fishing I am looking for something that shows up better in the dark, any ideas?

Cheers :sun:

Live to fish!!

What does everyone use on their rod tips for reflection/illumination?, at the moment I have just got white electrical tape on mine, but as I try not to use too much light when I am fishing I am looking for something that shows up better in the dark, any ideas?

Cheers :sun:

ive tried loads from reflective tape, white etc! but they only work

if you have some ambient light! street lamps harbour light! or want to shine

a torch on em!

ive settled for a a couple of units u whip onto the tip! take a

hearing aid battery and ar very switch on and offable!

dont effect my cast and the batterys last for yonks!

a cheaper idea tha byeing beta snap lights in the long run!

in mine you get a spare battery in the hilt!

just got some 3m hexagonal reflective tape on ebay enough for many rods and tripods too

will spiral over last three rings leaving a black white effect

white for night and balck for day

any spares will go on scissors knives seat bow etc :D

make sure you whip the tip lights on the right way round so that first cast dosen't send it into orbit :o

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

If you can do some basic wrapping then holographic rod building tape is also availabe in gold / silver / pink / red /blue etc etc. 1/8th inch wide strip in 10mtr &75mtr rolls. Shows up well but like everything needs some sort of ambient light.

I'm looking at a review rod at present, dont want to splash paint all over it, so I wound some plumbers PTFE white jointing tape around the tip, it works a treat, VERY white, seems to have an almost glowing/luminus affect in the day. Not tried it at night, I leave the tip ring and whiping untouched as well as the the next ring and whipping, winding the tape around the top two sections at the tip. PTFE is very thin, sticks to itself, even better than cling film, so does not unravel, its soft so will not affect the action of the tip. However the softness may mean that it wont stand to much rough treatment, quick enough to re-apply though. :thumbs:;)

:ph34r:

dosnt anybody else yous the battery powerd units you whip to the tip?

why not!

only asking to see if im going wrong somwhere!

dosnt anybody else yous the battery powerd units you whip to the tip?

why not!

only asking to see if im going wrong somwhere!

Hi geffaz, I have used one unit like you say quite a long time ago but found them to be quite bulky and can catch your line as you are casting resulting in a snap off. I use starlights at the mo, although can be a pain when you run out and only realise that you have not got any more when you are on the beach :o

In an ideal world, there is nothing better than having your rod tips silhouetted in front of a nice bright moon to get the excitement going :D

Live to fish!!

Try halfords they sell reflective tape in a 1" strip about 6 feet long.Been building rods for years and only ever used about 3 rolls of the stuff just lasts forever.Tried those battery powered tip lights but always seem to get the line caught round them and bang there goes another £5 cast out to sea never to be seen again.