Lake fishing in the Yukon

RDT

I'd get out one of John Gerach's books, eg trout bumb, which may be of help, for dries he;s using variations on mayflies and olives, also caddis and grasshopper take their share,

Like the UK the nearest town will probably be the best place to ask, in their shop, and if you can, pay for a guide for one day at least, even if you're good, a good guide is invaluable in anew area.

BUT, if you can't get a guide, try to do the same as you would here, match the fly to the hatch, and remember that 80% of the feeding is done under the surface so nymphs, buzzers midges etc will work.

Re the trout, these are the same species as you fish for here, browns and rainbows, with perhaps the chance of lake trout or brookies depending on where you are, they will still exhibit similar reactions and behave in similar ways to what you are used to.

if there are bass etc, I'd definatly find the local tackle store/hardware store and get some advice before I even wet a line.

Edited by phil dean

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY