2006 dolphin killings are underway yet again

stavey

Our government can't do anything to stop it, they can't even stop the French coming into the 6 mile line. our government has no power in Europe.

As for the gill net fishery inshore, I am sure it has been closely monitored , I have not heard that it is responsible for many dolphine deaths.

:wallbash:

Hello fishingsfine

As for the gill nets, you 'have not heard' wurzel. Is that an evidence for anything but babble?

I have heard that it is a true fact that more and more live dolphines are deing spotted all around the UK

:wallbash:

Why not get all nets banned? If the commercials aren't adaptable enough to move to long lines or whatever then tough luck, perhaps they're in the wrong business. Would save a lot of unnessesary undersize fish deaths, dolphin deaths, lost nets, moaning anglers etc etc.

That's just my opinion mind and I am not an expert. I am 100% certain that someone will come back and knock this as utter rubbish.

If the fines were higher than they currently are (from those I have seen locally they aren't very big or even slightly deterrent) then they could pay the wages of those who need to be there to stop the illegal stuff going on?

My simple world eh!

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society

Why not get all nets banned? If the commercials aren't adaptable enough to move to long lines or whatever then tough luck, perhaps they're in the wrong business. Would save a lot of unnessesary undersize fish deaths, dolphin deaths, lost nets, moaning anglers etc etc.

That's just my opinion mind and I am not an expert. I am 100% certain that someone will come back and knock this as utter rubbish.

If the fines were higher than they currently are (from those I have seen locally they aren't very big or even slightly deterrent) then they could pay the wages of those who need to be there to stop the illegal stuff going on?

My simple world eh!

Not utter rubbish at all guernsey, if there was a consultation paper proposing this my signature would be on it no worries, a few people will say now "ah" now thats what stavey's hidden agenda was all along :lol:

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly