Ferry Tragedy

Elton

Guest Brumagem Phil
Most passenger ships trading in this area are grossly over loaded, fares are cheap so a policy of packing them on to make it pay is a daily hazard.

Nothing like jumping to conclusions is there? The boat in question was ruddy great thing with a capacity of 1400 odd people and hundreds of cars. Take a look at the BBC website, you'll see its not your average paddle steamer with 15,000 people hanging off the sides.

What concerns me is that fact people managed to get the lifeboats out but not raise an SOS.......sounds a little odd. I'm sure the full facts will come out over time.

Terrible loss of life though.

Edited by Brumagem Phil

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently not.

The ferry went down during bad weather and rough seas and it was those very rough seas that have hampered the rescue mission

just how bad duz it get in the red sea?

but like has been said! we ar just taking shots in the dark!

fingers crossed for more survivers! thers going to be plenty of flotsam

to hang onto so ther is hope!

{ crap removed. Newt }

Edited by Newt

i was thinking that! but didnt want to jump the gun!

packed full of muslims, maybe a few 100 westerners!

seems strange the skipper didnt get a call out! thought it was just a matter of whacking a button

and a mayday would go out???

hi,jack???

seems in the parimeters of the tally boys thinking! (SOFT TARGET)

SA being an american foot hold in the middle east/ EGP being the one of the most liberal arab countrys?

that has been hit a few times before!

who knows?

maybe a take over! and opening the doors?

it wouldnt be too hard! somthing that a 5 man team of pali teenagers with death on ther mind

and AK47,s could do easily, without blinking!

You would'nt be taking shots in the dark with those AK 47's would you?

Guest Brumagem Phil
if ferret or his girlfriend turn this into a spelling test! i swear ill hunt them

down! :thumbs:

Nobody suggested it till YOU did........but then your remarks were not meant to be provocative of course? Oh no!

**** loads of people die and you turn it into a troll for ferret.........sad, sad man!

Nobody suggested it till YOU did........but then your remarks were not meant to be provocative of course? Oh no!

**** loads of people die and you turn it into a troll for ferret.........sad, sad man!

arrrr sharrrrd up ah ya face! your boring!

its warm water so fingers crossed for the survivers!

think ther should be some floating mater to hang onto out ther!

so hopfully a good few more will get picked up (positive thinking)lads!:thumbs:

Guest Brumagem Phil
arrrr sharrrrd up ah ya face! your boring!

its warm water so fingers crossed for the survivers!

think ther should be some floating mater to hang onto out ther!

so hopfully a good few more will get picked up (positive thinking)lads!:thumbs:

a couple of days ago you sent me abusive PM's and told me I was BLANKED......how I wish you was a man of your word!!

Goodnight!

(by the way, its you're a boring (short for you are where the apostrophe (the little vertical (up and down) dash ) replaces the missing letter(s))

No charge for the english lesson.

Edited by Brumagem Phil

Nothing like jumping to conclusions is there? The boat in question was ruddy great thing with a capacity of 1400 odd people and hundreds of cars. Take a look at the BBC website, you'll see its not your average paddle steamer with 15,000 people hanging off the sides.

It does not matter how big it was you can still overload it. And you can still load it incorrectly. Couple the two add bad weather and you have a disaster on your hands. The Red Sea is littered with hundreds of wrecks due to bad loading coupled with bad luck !! As to whether you will learn the full facts I very much doubt it, Egyptions whilst being very friendly and good mannered are grand masters at avoiding the truth without lying.

I have dived on several of them, the most famous one was carrying a deck cargo of enormous cable drums, it set sail from Jeddha hit a mild storm a few miles north drums shifted and over she went and there she is today lying on her side intact in 150' of water.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Neews now suggests a fire ken......nothing about overloading.

We await your comments.

I wonder why the captain never returned to port!!

Stupidity comes in many forms.

To date no one has put a figure on the passenger list apart from approx. 1400!!

Lloyds Egyption partner stated the boat was safe and had all the correct certificates, this flies in the face of other information which amonst other things quotes a lack of life rafts.

No emergency request were made which also leads one to believe there were other pressures being applied other than a fire that would eventually sink the ship!!

Having lived and work in many middle eastern countries; Egypt for three years plus I do have an inkling as to how they operate ;)

My guess is the captain was afraid to return to port for reasons which will never be declared, but I will stick to my assumptions based on my knowledge of living over there. ;)

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist