Ferry Tragedy

Elton

As a Quality Assurance Manager 95% of my work was policing :D

But seriously you have to live with them for a couple of years two learn how they operate, it is the home of backhanders, a few pounds in the right hands works wonders, all sorts of rules and laws even tax are overcome with a backhander.

The trouble is this leads to dodgey buildings, lack of maintainance etc. which leads all to often to events like this recent one.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brumagem Phil

I dont dispute ANY of what you say ken......all i've said from the first moment is you have jumped from one unfounded conclusion to another.

Just because egypt is a developing country, doesnt necessarily mean everything bad that happens is down to corruption or some other nasty hidden agenda............it might after all just have been a tragic accident.

My conclusions are based on living with the people and knowing how they behave, had you lived there for three years I am convinced your outlook would be entirely different.

I loved the Egyption people and made many good friends, my comments are not racist but just based on the way life is out there.

Without wishing to cause offence may I ask what experience you have in order to say my assumptions are unfounded??

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Guest Brumagem Phil
My conclusions are based on living with the people and knowing how they behave, had you lived there for three years I am convinced your outlook would be entirely different.

I loved the Egyption people and made many good friends, my comments are not racist but just based on the way life is out there.

Without wishing to cause offence may I ask what experience you have in order to say my assumptions are unfounded??

Yeah I've met stacks of welsh and watched how they behave Ken, but don't worry I won't hold that against you either!

I didnt say your comments were racist (the thought didnt even cross my mind) but just as my first remark has probably got your back up, you'll now realise what a sterotypical load of tosh your experience of the egyptian people actually is when viewed in the context of MARINE ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION.

Would you turn up at a car wreck and say "oh that cars an old banger with lots of rust so it must have been the cause of the accident".....or would you say "the occupant of the one car was 17 so he was obviously speeding".......no, of course you wouldnt, and whilst these two causes MIGHT prove true in the fullness of an investigation, it doesnt necessarily mean it has to be the case.

You'd obviously made your mind up what had killed these people before the boat had even settled on the bottom.

May their souls rest in peace...........whatever caused their early and untimely deaths.

Yeah I've met stacks of welsh and watched how they behave Ken, but don't worry I won't hold that against you either
Dear dear me Wrong Again.

I am as English as you, but that comment does show even more bad taste and an assumption that because I live in Wales now that I am Welsh.

Based on my experiences living in Wales I would have to say your conclusion on Welsh people is sadly miss judged.

90% of life is based on assumptions of previous experience, example:

When I order this years stock I have to look back over previous years and assume that certain trends will continue and others wont.

If you think for one moment the

MARINE ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION
will give you all the facts so be it.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Guest Brumagem Phil

Yep, wrong again!

Let me remind you of your remarks which I suggested were "jumping to conclusions" and had no relevance to actually finding the cause of this tragedy.

Most passenger ships trading in this area are grossly over loaded, fares are cheap so a policy of packing them on to make it pay is a daily hazard.

A single decker bus went into the Nile a few years back and ninety odd bodies were recovered travelling on a bus designed to hold 58 passengers.

It is very sad but it is a way of life out there and when it goes wrong the results are horrendous.

I lived in Mahdi whilst work in Egypt and the morning trains into Cairo were a sight to see, people sitting on the roof dodging the overhead cables, clinging on the sides with barely a foothold and accidents were a daily occurance.

Since then you've just touted the same old rubbish but rehashed in another way. Nobody doubts that you know how the Egyptians operate, and nobody disputes that as a developing nation that their infrastructure is poor and corruption is rife, but that I'm afraid doesnt mean thats why the ship sank (a FACT you seem increasingly incapable of grasping).

Thats my last word on the subject as arguing with somone who has made his mind up before the boat has even settled on the bottom and won't even consider the possibility of being wrong, strikes me as an exercise in futility!

Yeah I've met stacks of welsh and watched how they behave Ken, but don't worry I won't hold that against you either

In truth I think the above sums up your armchair attitude very well.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Guest Brumagem Phil
In truth I think the above sums up your armchair attitude very well.

Grow up ken.

You'd long since lost the argument when you started avoiding all my points and chose to try and sully me instead.

Funny you keep quoting my (deliberatly provocative jibe) and yet still hold that your knowledge of the egyptians gives you some kind inate right to trash their culture and make wild presumptions.

LOL, I guess it takes all sorts.

Edited by Brumagem Phil

You'd long since lost the argument when you started avoiding all my points and chose to try and sully me instead

I have to say that coming from someone who trashed the Welsh on an assumption that I was Welsh rather makes your arguments worthless, especially as it was you who decided to jump on my case in the first instance.

I think if you quietly re-read the thread you will find that I hold the upper ground based on experience not conjuncture as you assume.

Still we will never find common ground so I am leaving it where it is ;):D

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Guest Brumagem Phil
I have to say that coming from someone who trashed the Welsh on an assumption that I was Welsh rather

I didnt trash the welsh........you kept saying how your time in egypt seemed to give you the right to criticise the way the egyptians did things, and basically said their incompetence in some way led to the tragedy. I said that was stereotypical and you should leave it to an investigation to decided.

I also then deliberately posted up the welsh remark to show you just how daft and offensive your original remark had been. The fact you've jumped on my remark so strongly just goes to prove my statement correct.......if not then you'd simply have ignored my remark as being provocative.

You just couldnt let it go......and as such I simply gave you the rope to hang yourself which you duly did.

As for you criticing me for assuming you were welsh...........maybe your username led me astray, but no worries mate, I'm from f*****g newcastle!

LOLOLOLOL