French carping hols

Puzzled

Can anyone out there give any recommendations for a weeks holiday at a good French fishery?

My wife and I fancy a spot of carping across the channel but are simply flummoxed by the sheer number and variation of places offering the chance to connect with huge French lumps. The prices and facilities on offer seem to vary wildly and I would appreciate any comments based on first-hand experience.

We're quite happy to bivvy it for a week - providing there's somewhere to have a shower when needed! And we're not necessarily looking for world records - quite happy with a spot of mixed fishing and the chance to hook into the odd biggun'

Don't want much do we!

Any advice gratefully received.

:)

Our chief weapon is surprise

It would help if you gave what sort of price you want to pay. Are you taking your own car? What about fly and be picked up at airport and borrow tackle good tackle that is and free just take your reels and small stuff.

If its the last then an old, I should say ex friend has what you are looking for. 3 lakes for your use, food (if you want) and an excellent venue. Think the cost is about £250 fishing a week plus food at £70 + flights.

pm me if interested and will send you the web site. I would have no hesitation using the tackle supplied as I know it would be good stuff and well looked after.

PS I have no conection with the venue but I did know Dan (the owner) and his father very well so I know you will be well look after and you will be in for some great fishing. Dan is a family man himself and I know ladies are made very welcome no worries about the Dick Heads on his venue.

Edited by johnhere

One of my favourites - that appears to fit the bill is margot and another very nice lake is lac de Lesmont <sp?>. I've been to lots of waters over there but few are what I'd describe as what you want (or me for that matter). I would only ever drive there myself now and I personally wouldn't go near the famous 2 or 3 coach drive waters.

Rob.

I it's a family type holiday with fishing here is a site that is recommended.

Millers

Not the cheapest. But not drive and survive.

I it's a family type holiday with fishing here is a site that is recommended.

Millers

Not the cheapest. But not drive and survive.

You better be right as I am going there this April. lol come to think about you are coming with me along with Joe.

How many days have we got to go?

Thanks very much all for the info posted so far.

johnhere, we're looking to drive ourselves, taking our own tackle and I suppose we had in mind an absolute maximum of £300 each for the week (incl. the ferry).

I suppose that puts us in the category of "drive and survive" anglers.

Millers does look good, but is a tad more than we'd budgeted for. Maybe one to save up for a future visit.

Make sure you let everyone know how you get on there in April.

Our chief weapon is surprise

Can anyone out there give any recommendations for a weeks holiday at a good French fishery?

My wife and I fancy a spot of carping across the channel but are simply flummoxed by the sheer number and variation of places offering the chance to connect with huge French lumps. The prices and facilities on offer seem to vary wildly and I would appreciate any comments based on first-hand experience.

We're quite happy to bivvy it for a week - providing there's somewhere to have a shower when needed! And we're not necessarily looking for world records - quite happy with a spot of mixed fishing and the chance to hook into the odd biggun'

Don't want much do we!

Any advice gratefully received.

:)

Hi Steve,

I think we would be exactly what your looking for, Edens Lakes www.edenslakes.com one of our packages is drive & survive which would be within your budget and to help your budget we are offering all forum members a 10% discount for 2006.

We have carp stocked to 51lbs, cats stocked last year at 45lbs & for your comfort we have a chalet that has a hydro massage shower, toilet, cooking facilities & utensils, Toaster, microwave & a gas Barbeque for those nice warm evenings. Quickest route to us would be from Portsmouth to either Caen or Le Havre.

where ever you decide to go I wish you good luck.

Adam

French Carp Fishing At Its Finest.

www.edenslakes.com