Which kayak

wellyphant

In the future i am looking to buy a rigid yak(at moment i have an inflatable).I was interested in a tandem for two anglers but i have read that these kayaks aren't very good when being used by one angler,something to do with manouverability.Also,being 6'3" i need plenty of leg room.I will mainly be using it for fishing in the lake district and for recreational use with my 9 year old daughter.Should i forget the tandem idea and tell my mate to buy his own?Which yak has the best legroom.....?I was interested in the Malibu kayaks X factor as you can buy a child seat for it but does anyone know of a better one suitable for a 6 footer for around the same price???

• 2 weeks later...
In the future i am looking to buy a rigid yak(at moment i have an inflatable).I was interested in a tandem for two anglers but i have read that these kayaks aren't very good when being used by one angler,something to do with manouverability.Also,being 6'3" i need plenty of leg room.I will mainly be using it for fishing in the lake district and for recreational use with my 9 year old daughter.Should i forget the tandem idea and tell my mate to buy his own?Which yak has the best legroom.....?I was interested in the Malibu kayaks X factor as you can buy a child seat for it but does anyone know of a better one suitable for a 6 footer for around the same price???

If you are intending to get a kayak for fishing then I would forget a tandem. Look at the Scupper Pro or the similar, but slightly better equipped RTM Tempo and with the money you save buy your daughter a play boat that you can tow behind. Then tell your mate to buy his own kayak!

Regards, Clive